Toro weed eater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a Toro weedeater that I purchased 3 years ago and has been running great.

Run it out of fuel at the end of every season and it was working great all Spring.

Starting having issues the last two weeks with it not wanting to idle, just dies when you let off the gas.

starts easy and runs full power like it always did.

Changed the fuel filter and looked at the air filter and it looks clean.

Sprayed the carb with a little Amsoil power foam and let it soak for a couple of hours with no improvement.

Dumped out the gas and put more in even though my leaf blower is running the same mix from the same can.

Did not change the plug but did remove it and cleaned it off and it did not help.

Removed spark arrestor and cleaned it off even though it looked pretty good .

Thinking it may be carb related ?

open to ideas ... thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Since it runs....try some Techron or Gumout-Regane in the gas tank.

Was hoping to not have to pull the carb off thus the reason for the amsoil power foam.

I have yamaha ring free that I could throw in the gas, not sure if that would do anything the power foam did not.

Last edited:
Sounds like the little diaphragm pump is going soft. Will probably continue to get harder to keep running on the low side of the throttle

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Sounds like the little diaphragm pump is going soft. Will probably continue to get harder to keep running on the low side of the throttle

Agreed. That or the impulse line is cracked/leaking.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Agreed. That or the impulse line is cracked/leaking.

I think the pulse signal is just a passage.. you can see it on the flange when the carb comes off.

The idle circuit is the smallest circuit, and the easiest to gum up.

Originally Posted By: matrass

Was hoping to not have to pull the carb off.

Don't blame you....most people don't feel comfortable doing it. Thus trying a fuel system is a no brainer

Originally Posted By: matrass

Was hoping to not have to pull the carb off.

Don't blame you....most people don't feel comfortable doing it. Thus trying a fuel system is a no brainer

Suppose I will give that a shot this week and see what happens.

Remember pulling the carb off my Toro snowblower and it was not too bad but may have to .

I keep a can of B 12 Chem- Tool for just these occasions. Cheap and effective. I try an additive before taking a carb apart. Results are better than even that the Chem Tool will clear out the crud. Chances are the carb is a Zama, or some other Walbro clone. Parts or entire carbs are dirt cheap on the inter wbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back