Rust spots (Brake dust)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife's car has lots of little rust spots from brake dust that is a royal you know what to remove! Clay bar does not seem to work any recommendations?

Yep, Fallout Remover. Just used a full bottle on the white Camry and the silver Matrix. I used the Sonax stuff. But there's a few different ones out there.

http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/sear...p;x=31&y=17

It's a good thing to use before claying. There's one that I'll prob get next time which is an Iron remover and a tar remover in one. Many of them do stink like rotten eggs so prep yourself for that. Or just get the lemon scented one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Wife's car has lots of little rust spots from brake dust that is a royal you know what to remove! Clay bar does not seem to work any recommendations?
Michelins Wheel and Tire Cleaner works for me. Of course, I don't let that brake dust accumulate and our driving doesn't require frequent brake application. Seventy one thousand miles on OEM brake pads which are fifty percent gone. That cleaner in the purple jug at Walmart works good on brake dust. Allowed to accumulate, brake dust sets up a chemical reaction with alloys that has a life all its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back