Poulan Pro synthetic 2 cycle oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on the Poulan Pro synthetic 2 cycle oil?

The local Walmart had the 19.6 oz size on clearance for $5.00, so I picked one up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Poulan-Pro-Poulan-Weed-Eater-Synthetic-2-Cycle-Oil-19-6-oz/43041145

I sampled the Walmart Supertech Full Syn 2 cycle last year but wasn't too impressed. I prefer the Carquest 2 cycle oil at Advance Auto, it at least claims an API TC rating but goes for $2.99 for a tiny 3.6 oz container.

Compared to the the Poulan oil the Carquest is a slightly brighter blue.

Never had any problems with it, and i'm tempted... but it still isn't cheap enough.
I usually buy 2-cycle oil by the gallon.

It's probably a Citgo product.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
It's probably a Citgo product.

What makes you say that?

Some say it could be a Spectrum blended product out of Tenn.

I thought it was $5.00 price was decent for 19.6oz and I'm a major bargain hunter.

A gallon of two stoke oil would take me a long time to work through, I'm not ready for that kind of long term commitment.

My wife bought about 6 jugs when it was on sale somewhere in a nearby city. Took me a few years to run through it. Worked fine and was good oil.

Mixed it 50/50 with Motul to stretch my costs as that oil aint cheap ...

All the 2-strokes I used it in are still running. Some are over 30 years old. Ran it in everything including hot-rod'd chain saws
laugh.gif

I've always ran amsoil dominator. Expensive but a gallon last so long you'll forget how much you paid for it lol. On that note I've only seen lesser oils leave more deposits or smoke a touch more. I liked amsoil so much because everything stayed clean and it had no smoke. Also never ruined a top end on anything I used it in. That could have been luck though. My dad runs whatever oil the store has in his echo chainsaw. It's from 92 still running the same top end and it runs like new. I actually have it at my house right now and I can't believe how good it still runs. I think he has some 2 stroke oil in it from the dollar store right now.

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone

Any opinions on the Poulan Pro synthetic 2 cycle oil?

The local Walmart had the 19.6 oz size on clearance for $5.00, so I picked one up.

I too stocked up on it at Wal-Mart 2 years ago and have been using it ever since. It works well and I like it. I can say it does seem better than the super-tech 2 stroke oil I was using before.

The back of the bottle says Husqvarna group, made in Mexico I believe. If you can find out who makes Huqvarna/MTD oils and additives, you can probably figure out who makes it.

Depending on how much gas you go through I would buy a gallon of the 2 stroke true fuel. I use my blower and weed whacker every weekend for roughly 30 minutes and go through a gallon a season. When the season is over I hang it up and it starts first pull the next. Expensive but for high octane, no ethanol fuel that has stabilizers and cleaners it has been one of the best purchases I have made for a two stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back