Boeshield T9 vs. Fluid Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sprayed down the innards of a freshly installed roof rack with Boeshield T9 and I remembered that I told a friend I wanted to treat the more vulnerable parts of his car against road salt before ski season. While I did the T9 treatment to buy me time before I need to replace the crossbars, for some reason Yakima rusts faster than Thule I know that it's wax-based and Fluid Film is based off lanolin. I want to treat the existing corrosion first and then protect it. Does Fluid Film have an edge over T9 or it's all the same more or less?

Don't use either one. Go with S-100 Corrosion Protectant. Amazing stuff. Used it on my yacht engines and other metal parts for years. Not a spec of rust or corrosion even in the highly corrosive marine environment. I also use it on motorcycles, car/truck engine compartments, undercarriages, etc. Sprays on clear. You will be very happy.

http://www.autogeek.net/s1tocycoprae.html (or you can get it at any Harley-Davidson dealer)

Last edited:
Boeshield and FF both are excellent products.

On the undercarriage of a car you want some designed for that harsh environment. It's gravel, dust, water, snow and ice, mud, salt and brine. Something that protects a piece of pipe from rusting in your backyard might not be good on a vehicle undercarriage.

But the roof rack is not the same as the vehicle undercarriage. See how Boeshield does.

Generally I prefer waxy coatings for locations inside of structures and where damage is less of a concern. Inside door skins, frame rails, etc.

I'm not opposed to waxy coatings on exterior surfaces, but I'm not a huge believer in their self healing ability after some time and flashoff. I'm a proponent of following up with an oily coat every so often regardless to help things reflow and cover other spots. The oil migrates into nooks and crannies too, which is where you really want it anyway, since major surfaces exposed usually wash and dry reasonably well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back