Akebono ProACT vs. Akebono Performance pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time for some new pads for my daily driver '99 Civic. I've been using the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads and have no complaints but saw that there is a "performance" pads available. Looking at a comparison, the performance pads are rated as the better stopping power pad but trades off with more brake dust. I'm mostly after quiet performance and braking power and can live with brake dust.

I did a search but couldn't find any reviews on the performance pads, has anyone tried them? They are both ceramic pads so I'm curious if it's a simply trade-off of stopping power for more brake dust.

Cheers!

The ASP Akebono pads let off very little brake dust and are very quiet. I drive down hills all the time in my CRV with cross-drilled and slotted rotors and the Akebono ASP pads stop the CRV really well. Brake dust is at a minimum. I highly recommend them.

I'm running akebono street performance pads on my Fusion and I love them. Good cold bite, fantastic hot performance and I couldn't make them fade away doing repeated 60-10 stops. An excellent streetable pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back