Best bluetooth speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
As most of you know, I travel a fair bit for work. A few of the guys I work with have bluetooth speakers for the hotel rooms or just sitting around the pool. My buddy recently picked up the little JBL pill, which works well enough. I've heard the BOSE one, and it also sounds good. I've noticed B&W makes one that seems well rated and thought it might better than these offerings but am hoping that somebody has perhaps done some listening to these already and can give me their opinion.

The B&W product is the T7 Wireless

I've been very impressed by the Bose SoundLink Mini.
There are others that are nearly as good for a little less.

I have a beats pill, decent sound, especially if placed in right place. Also nice to have as a portable USB charger.

We have a Bose Mini Soundlink Color II. Hands down best speaker for sound output, sound quality, and price that I could find. The Soundlink Mini is a better speaker but the Color II sounds 9/10ths as good for $50 less. And it's waterproof.

Being a bit of an audio junkie I snobbishly purchased the KEF MUO sans demo believing their reputation would guarantee superior sound. Although they sound a little better - emphasis on little - than my parents soundlink mini's it's not enough to justify twice the price.

My vote would be for the Bose Soundlink Mini. The law of diminishing returns applies in this form factor so don't lose your mind like I did.

Take a listen to Amazon Echo. I was very surprised. You can get a battery base for it too. The Tap is ok for its size and was a fair deal when they had their sale. Mine is going back as its not right for me and will go back after a Echo for both its sound and home control

+1 on the Soundlink Mini,

one of the best sounding bluetooth speakers in its size.... when I heard it first I couldn't believe the sound coming from that small speaker!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152346348428?_trkparms=5373:0%7C5374:Featured&_mwBanner=1

It's refurbished but the brand is fairly well know for the speaker. They where very popular when they came out and I know at least two people who bought one at launch and they each paid $150+

Granted the company is going under and they are selling off assets but for $30 there is not a better speaker on the market for less. They are marking them down to try and move numbers and make some money.

I have a bose sound link and an altec lansing mini life jacket.
My take is this the bose sounds terrific! But I've had to replace it 2 times under warrant and the battery life isn't all that good. It is water resistant and fairly robust. It locks up from time to time and the only way I've foun to to make it work again is to plug it in to the wall and turn it off and on.
The altec doesn't sound as good still sounds decent but not like the bose. But battery lasts forever!! And it literally works flawlessly. And it floats!

Go to Best Buy or a similar store and listen for yourself to your own music. It's very subjective so buy the one that sounds best to your ears.

I too travel for work. I own a Soundlink Mini and Soundlink Color II. They both acoustically perform amazing! My SoundLink Color II never leaves my carry-on. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

I doubt it's the best but we have this one for listening to TV in the kitchen.

https://www.anker.com/products/A3143011

Both TV and music sound very good and it has surprising bass for such a small speaker. No charger but it does come with a USB cord for charging from an outlet/computer. I maxed out the volume on the unit itself and use the TV remote as the master volume.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Go to Best Buy or a similar store and listen for yourself to your own music. It's very subjective so buy the one that sounds best to your ears.

I don't believe they sell the B&W I mentioned in the OP, that's the issue.

I recently got a new BT speaker. I had a 5 watt speaker before but it fell while charging, and ripped the microUSB cord receptacle off the circuit board.

For my needs I knew that 5 watts sounded good enough, was loud enough.

I wanted a speaker which could fit in my cargo shorts pocket, or tool belt. I can't give a rats rear end about fashion so save your fingertips.

I bought a 'ShackJoy 5W Waterproof Portable Shockproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Shower Suction Mount' on Amazon for 27$

It is not waterproof( IP65), nor shockproof( i will assume) but it sounds pretty good, and is pretty loud. Changing the misic tone settings on my phone can dial in any specific musical genre to good enough.

The BT range is not very impressive, but it connects and stays connected to my phone better than my last BT speaker. I've heard the low battery alarm a few times, but cannot really quantify its true lasting power at full volume, and this would change depending on the amount of bass in the music one is listening to.

Its maximum recharge current acceptance is 0.41 amps. I have not drained it dead and counted how much Mah it required to full charge, yet.

So Best in terms of what, Sound quality, battery life, BT connection range, size per sound, bragging rights on price high or low?

I am satisfied at 27$ for what I got, but would like a bit more range as my last speaker seemed a bit better in this regard.

Just an FYI, the Marshall Stanmore is about the best sounding small, but non compact bluetooth speaker around. It flat out rocks! Serious bass you can feel, and plenty of raw power. I have one, and love it.

I also have the larger Marshall Woburn, which has to be about the loudest bluetooth speaker around. With true rock concert levels in smaller rooms.

large_Marshall-Stanmore-thumb.jpg

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Just an FYI, the Marshall Stanmore is about the best sounding small, but non compact bluetooth speaker around. It flat out rocks! Serious bass you can feel, and plenty of raw power. I have one, and love it.

I also have the larger Marshall Woburn, which has to be about the loudest bluetooth speaker around. With true rock concert levels in smaller rooms.

large_Marshall-Stanmore-thumb.jpg

I'm looking (ideally) for the best sound quality on something I can toss in my luggage for trips, I think that puppy is a bit too big
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back