My 4Runner reached a milestone today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my 4Runner rolled 330,000 miles on the engine (not rebuilt) that it left the factory with.

In fact it still has a staggering number of original parts that haven't been rebuilt at this mileage.
It still has original ball joints, tie rod ends (inner and outer), pitman arm, front u joints, slave cylinder, cv axles, sway bar end links, transmission, transfer case and a host of other things I'm certain I'm forgetting.

The engine consumes no oil even at a 5k OCI and the truck just made a 600 mile round trip to Charleston SC getting over 21 MPG running 75-80.

Last edited:
+1 on a very good milestone.

I always enjoy your posts on here. Great job with this four runner.

Subscribed! Considering a 4Runner as my next vehicle.

35.gif

Originally Posted By: Gebo
What oil and filter you use?

The 4Runner was dealership maintained for the first 255,000 miles of its life every 3k with bulk oil. Since then I've bounced between 3-5k OCI with everything from 5w30-20w50 including a few runs of SAE 30. Filters have been FL-1A/FL-910S/85515 Car Quest Blue/85348 CQ Blue/Puro Boss 10241/1348 Napa Gold.

Almost all of the trucks life has been on conventional oil. I've run Mobil 1 5w30 once since I've owned it.

I've posted nearly every UOA I've done on the truck before. About 60k worth of data. Currently running VWB SAE30 with 1348 Napa Gold.

Originally Posted By: wwillson
What is the change interval on lube fluids?

Great milestone!

3-5k OCI
Front differential 50k
Transmission 50k
Transfer case 50k
Coolant 36 months
Rear Differential 30k
Brake Fluid 36 months
PS fluid 50k

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Which engine? How old is the vehicle?

Engine is a 22RE 2.4 SOHC EFI 4 cylinder with a 5sp transmission. The truck is a 1987.

Congrats from one 4Runner owner to another. My 4Runner reached it's own milestone, as it is 20 years today since it was built.
cheers3.gif

From the looks of it you have taken very good care of the vehicle. On another forum I'm on, a fellow has a 4Runner like yours with over 500k on the odometer. I'd not be surprised if yours hit that mark as well.

Originally Posted By: Delta
You can definitely tell that's a Southern truck! Those didn't last but 7-10 years around here. Congrats on 330k!

Western truck originally, sold new in California then moved to Northern Arizona. I had it shipped from Arizona when I bought it. I have another one, the twin to this truck but in black, it's rough rough rough, it was my winter truck for years in Michigan now it's more of just an occasional use truck as it's pretty rusty.

Congrats you have a rare bird!

Spotted this 4Runner up North for those who believe all Toyota's rust out any different than other makes. It's more about how you wash a vehicle in the rust belt during winter.

14njnlt.jpg

2mwt6xl.jpg

I had a 2006 V6 4Runner I had 200,000 trouble free miles on it when I sold it I had to sell it the rust underneath was getting out of control. The front end could not be re-aligned anymore the front end was so rusted. Loved the truck though I would buy another but this time I would rust proof it right away.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
What oil and filter you use?
oil and filter will not make a difference just as long as the oil and filters are a quality oil.

Well done. Hope it makes it to 440,000
laugh.gif

Nice truck and good job. That is helping to slow GW by not causing the mining and refining, machining and molding of the 2 tons of materials in the vehicle. You are doing great
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back