Honda Australia introduces 5 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpb

From July 1, 2017, all new Honda cars sold in Australia will come with a 5 year/unlimited kilometer warranty, up from the previous 3 year/100,000km. This is bumper to bumper, not just powertrain.

I imagine this move is intended to drive more sales - it might surprise the US guys that Honda is not even in the top 10 in Oz. Accords and Civics are not a common sight on the road, although the Jazz (Fit) is reasonably popular. Given their sales success, I doubt Honda USA has any need to implement a longer warranty?

Last edited:
Please post the Top 10 (or 20) cars in Oz if you can.

Is Ford and Holden 1 and 2?
Toyota HAS to be in the top 5.
Are Mitsubishi cars / trucks well represented?

All about competition. Look back 30 years and see how far the auto industry has had to come to get your business. Good for the consumer though....who would have thought about getting free oil changes and/or tires for life?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Please post the Top 10 (or 20) cars in Oz if you can.

No problem. Sales for June 2017, as published in the Melbourne Herald Sun July 7:

1. Toyota HiLux
2. Ford Ranger
3. Toyota Corolla
4. Hyundai Tucson
5. Mazda 3
6. Hyundai i30
7. Toyota Camry
8. Mitsubishi Triton
9. Mazda CX-5
10. Toyota RAV4

Top 10 by manufacturer year to date:

1. Toyota
2. Mazda
3. Hyundai
4. Holden
5. Ford
6. Mitsubishi
7. Nissan
8. VW
9. Kia
10. Subaru

To put into perspective how many vehicles Toyota sell here, their sales almost match the combined total of Mazda and Hyundai!

Originally Posted By: best selling vehicles in Aus recently in 2017

1. Toyota HiLux
2. Ford Ranger

Why do these manufacturers insist on giving us in the USA these bloated land barges like the Tundra and F150 instead? Profits, yeah? I demand more choices! I don't WANT a truck that's as big as a Freightliner. I don't NEED the load carrying capacity of a Cummins ISX OTR motor!

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Bringing up a paltry warranty term up to basic industry standards. Yep, agreed, it's PR.

Cadogan has a good take on Honda's presence in Australia in this vid.
Discretion Advised. Language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsusmVVgIqQ

Ah yes, good ol' Cadogan...love him or hate him, he always says what he thinks! His take on Honda in Oz is spot on though. Very different perception of the brand here versus the US market.

Toyota are top here too, have been for years, and Honda are 11th, with 3% share of the market...Mitsubishi are 5th with a 7% share of the market. Our sales are a bit distorted with so many used imports coming in - top selling import is the Nissan Tiida.

This article appeared the other day, only one car in our top 10 sellers...the Corolla of course.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/trends-...-almost-carless

NZ sales are overall pretty similar to Oz by the looks of it - except maybe for the mighty HiAce! Here, the tradies and couriers tend to go for Vito, Transit or Renault vans. Shannow would be chuffed to see how well the Colorado does in your neck of the woods
smile.gif

Oh and nice to see New Zealanders are still calling them utes, not trucks...

Anyway, looks like Honda has some work to do in the Southern Hemisphere. They offering the 5yr/unlimited warranty in NZ too?

You need a special license to drive a truck, anyone can drive a ute.

I don't know why the Hi Ace still sells, but the iLoad is gaining ground, a much better van. Thank Dog the L300 has finally gone. Toyota have discounted the Hi Lux $4,000...do you think they are a bit worried by the Ranger ? I serviced a 2016 Hi Lux a few weeks ago - not impressed, more of a facelift than a new ute.

Yes, Honda are doing the 5 year unlimited km warranty, and 24 hr 7 days a week roadside assist. They don't have anything special, just Hondas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back