Quickie lube reviews, you can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading a BITOG post about the horrors of quick lube places, I found myself reading actual reviews from customers. It was like a good book that you just can't put down. Here are some of the actual review quotes that had me cracking up or scratching my head.

"So I went to Valvoline about a month ago for a oil change and employee didn't put on my oil filter so I left, got home. I was home for about a hour. I was leaving my home to pick up my boyfriend from work and my car broke down. It made a loud noise, started smoking and shut off on the Rankin bridge."

"Went here for the first time for an oil change and got my tires rotated on the spot. Not long after, my car made noises like it was falling apart. They had rotated my tires but did not align them. Ended up costing me $500+ to fixed."

"He now has a blown engine which is costing almost $8000.00 due to the fact that the Valvoline location in Kyle, TX has been putting Pennzoil in his truck & it finally clogged the oil pump which caused the engine to seize up. I, myself, had the oil analyzed to find out what kind of oil it was & it came back that the vehicle had Pennzoil in the truck."

"I took my 1996 Jimmy for the flushing and then make damage to the heater core cuz they put too much pressure is the throughno."

"I went to that elaine to oil change and also tires rotated, wanted a passionate take it back because there was noise coming from my phone and then and they thought it was the tire."

"Tranny went in my explorer due to Valvoline changing the transmission fluid. About a month later my transmission went. Been told don't EVER change the transmission fluid in a older car. If it's not broke don't fix it."

"I brought my vehicle into the location in Minneapolis, on Lake St. for what I thought would be a quick oil change. Unfortunately, once the guy was done, as I left, my vehicle shut off in the middle of the street, then proceeded to jerk once I tried to turn it back on. I went back so that they could fix it and he told me there was a hole in my gasket."

"She called me and said that they told her that the motor had to be flushed and as an ex-state certified auto and diesel mechanic, I knew this was a bunch of [censored]. I told her not to do it but she said they already started. The only way to clean a motor is by taking it apart, boring out the heads and putting new pistons and rings and new seals in it. You cannot clean a motor with a cleaner. It loosens the grime and can make it worse and that's gospel"

"Valvoline Oil Change Debacle - I had an oil change and inspection. They stripped a lug nut and when they pulled the parking brake lever up, it stuck."

"Do not allow anyone to install synthetic oil in any car after 40,000 or 50,000 miles. It will cause leaks and expose other warn parts."

"I asked why I did not hear the grease gun go off. I was told by the man taking care of me that the grease guns were new and would not work on my car. I told him I was to get a grease job for what I paid and I better get it ."

"I just found out my lube holder was broken because of EZ Lube. I went to change oil at another company today. People told me that my lube holder will need to be changed because the guy in EZ Lube did not carefully handle it."

"It turned out, they either, did not change the oil, or left a dirty filter on, and did not lube the parts they were paid to lube. This caused a blown engine, and both sides in the front end broke"

"Then he tried to tell me that my battery needed to be replaced. I said no, then called me back out to show me my hood filter needed to be replaced"

Remember, half the population is below average intelligence.

(yes I know it is actually "median" intelligence, but I have to simplify it for the simple folk)

Last edited:
Hood filter ??

lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

I have shared this before and you may or may not be shocked by the number of people who are offended by this statement.

However, it's my belief that if you understand it, you are probably not in the bottom half...

(yes I know it is actually "median" intelligence, but I have to simplify it for the simple folk)

Amen. And they breed rapidly.

Boy, reviews like those sure prove the old saying that no mater what part of a vehicle you work on, the next thing that goes wrong will be your fault.

Another thread knocking quick lubes....must be hard to find something new to post today.......

Originally Posted By: CKN
Another thread knocking quick lubes....must be hard to find something new to post today.......

It's really not knocking quick lubes. It's knocking people who go to quick lubes and blame them publicly for things that have nothing to do with what the quick lube did or didn't do.

I have a friend that manages a group of quick lubes. I wish I could post some of his stories here. Surprising how many of these stories end up in court. Quite often gives the judge a good laugh.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

I have shared this before and you may or may not be shocked by the number of people who are offended by this statement.

However, it's my belief that if you understand it, you are probably not in the bottom half...

I understand it, but I realize it's not true. That's not how averages work.

Originally Posted By: exranger06

I understand it, but I realize it's not true. That's not how averages work.

If you had read the full quote.

Quote:

Last edited:
The ONE time I told someone to use a quick lube because I couldn't lube her car myself at that time, they BONED it and almost killed her car, and endangered her personally. (more details in my thread in general topics)

So yeah, I had a legitimate beef. And I never aired that beef before today, so to speak.

The take away: If you put Pennzoil instead of Valvoline in your transmission it will strip a lug nut and make your hood filter go bad. If it's synthetic, it will make a hole in your gasket that sounds like a phone that needs boring out and rebuilding. So don't bother changing your oil because if it ain't broke, don't fix it, or else your vehicle will be warn out and this is the gospel truth, Elaine.

What the [censored] is a lube holder?? Apparently EZ Lube wasn't easy with their lube holder and broke it haha.

(retrospective thought)
A lot of folks on this forum work in quick lubes, or are involved in owning and managing quick lube shops. I respectfully submit that we consider their interests as well. The forum will be stronger for it. I've asked for my poorly thought out quick lube thread in Auto General be closed for this reason.

Cheers all.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
The ONE time I told someone to use a quick lube because I couldn't lube her car myself at that time, they BONED it and almost killed her car, and endangered her personally. (more details in my thread in general topics)

So yeah, I had a legitimate beef. And I never aired that beef before today, so to speak.

Well.....I have commend you on at least stating your hidden agenda. The bottom line is there are 100's of threads just like yours, I guess so all the "do it yourselfers" on BITOG can hold hands and sing Kumbaya....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back