Confused....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I attempt to scan a simple sheet of paper on a Canon LIDE20 I've using without incident for a few years, and it just acts up.

TWAIN driver not found????

WAI or WSI not loaded???

WTH??

I go to Canon to download....still won't work. DM shows the scanner and indicates it's "ready" in properties.

I start Canonscan (again...) and the 'ball just spins'.

In goes the original install CD, I uncheck all the 'junk' I don't need and see this:

Again...WTH? I'm running W7 Pro?

This is just FUBAR...and now I'm late....arrgghhhhhhhhhh.

I use NAPS2 as my scanning software. Try that if you can't get the Canon software to work.

Thanks to all for your 'cooler heads prevailing'. I was rushed, wanted to scan & send before leaving, had done this numerous times before, had never SEEN these warning msgs before, and just became very frustrated & aggravated.

Might have had something to do with changing HD's recently when the 'original' in the Dell Optiplex machine began throwing a wobbly, forcing me to install a system clone onto a previous HD.

Still.....dam odd, eh?

I did manage to get the SW reinstalled and my two pages scanned & emailed.

Evidently, I didn't download both the Sw AND the TWAIN driver the first time. Very puzzled when device manager reported "all working properly" yet W7 couldn't access the TWAIN driver???

Crikey......

I gave up on scanners long ago. If you smartphone has an okay camera the app you pay for and worth every penny IMHO is called TurboScan. It actually can create multiple page PDFs with easy that can be easily emailed or shared for meager $2.99

I love my brother all-in-one. Toner is about 6$ and a drum is only $20
Dcp-7065dn
everything just works.

Of course its been replaced by newer models now.

No smartphone here MR.

I picked up this thing at a garage sale for about $5. Must have previously installed the SW + drivers from the web instead of the disk. Just forgot.

My old (~mid-90's?) brother laser still works...though there is some weird problem when it comes to printing some pdfs....can't figure it out. Also won't print a decent map. Definitely showing its age. Text docs look great though. Odd......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back