''17 accord ex oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the a01 filter is not available what is my next best option. I'm following the MM and will be using Kendall gt1 max 0w20 oil.

Fram Ultra. Honda filters are overpriced in my opinion, but if you want to stick with OEM just check out Amazon. You can still get the a01 filters.

So fram ultra is the way to go? Maybe things have changed but I remember many people not liking fram filters. Brand of filter doesn't matter to me I just want something that will work well. If fram ultra is a good filter I'm willing to try.

There is nothing wrong with the A02 filter, but for maybe $2 more you can get a Fram Ultra that has superior filtration, load capacity, more solid construction, and more peace of mind if you choose to use the filter for two oil changes per Hondas recommendation. I use the Fram Ultra on my K24 with no complaints.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
There is really nothing wrong with an A02. Of Course for a few bucks more you can pick up a Fram Ultra.

Yep, was just about to write that.

The A02 worked fine for me when I was using. That being said, I have also switched to the Fram Ultra since it is hard to beat the price and performance.

Wix
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
There is nothing wrong with the A02 filter, but for maybe $2 more you can get a Fram Ultra that has superior filtration, load capacity, more solid construction, and more peace of mind if you choose to use the filter for two oil changes per Hondas recommendation. I use the Fram Ultra on my K24 with no complaints.

+1

Question- when doing the FRAM Ultra at every other OCI in a Honda with full synthetic, do you remove and drain the filter then reinstall it?

Last edited:
Quote:
Question- when doing the FRAM Ultra at every other OCI in a Honda with full synthetic, do you remove and drain the filter then reinstall it?

Best practice says NO. Too much chance of the sealing gasket being compromised with a reinstall. If you are going to run it twice, leave the filter where it is until the next OC.

Originally Posted By: EricBeau

Absolutely not. Very likely to have a leaking seal then.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
What's everyone's opinion on the M1-110?

The M1-110 has been superseded by the M1-110A or "annual protection." It is advertised as being good for one year or 20,000 miles. Efficiency is stated to be >99% at 30 microns. The Fram Ultra XG-7317 is advertised as being good for 15,000 miles and the efficiency is stated to be >99% at 20 microns.

These are both fine filters; I've used both the older M-110 and the XG-7317 on the Civic. Just buy whichever one is cheaper at the time and go about your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back