He's been BANNED!
happy2.gif

3383768_orig.jpg

happy-new-year-novyy-god-5557.jpg

2014-05-29-iStockHuffPostCelebrationMay2920142.jpg

I surely will miss the abuse.
I got banned for two weeks for abusing him
frown.gif

I guess all good things must end.... sniff sniff...

Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I surely will miss the abuse.
I got banned for two weeks for abusing him
frown.gif

I guess all good things must end.... sniff sniff...

Thanks!!
I got three months after he trolled me into saying something regrettable. I didn't return to the forum until more than two years after that.

Yes I found him to be rather polite and cordial as well as caring.
You know a man's man.... lol

I allowed him to press my buttons a few times. I started referring to him as "Professor Platitude" after that. It made me feel a little better and I wasn't risking being banned myself. His favorite phrase seemed to be variants of, "Don't get your panties in a twist." I may kind of missed his omniscience. He was a legend in his own mind.

I always just ignored him and his self-righteous posts until the day I saw him belittling another member who had posted about his new job at a WM TLE. Told him to find a better profession. I don't care who you are, you don't make fun of a man's chosen way of making an honest living. I was very glad to see Pop gone after that.

Smart guy. Had a lot of experience and things to share, but what a huge doosh. I've come across a few individuals like him on various forums over the years. Eventually they go away.

Originally Posted By: geekster
Funny, he was the only one to really get under my skin. Always saying something he shouldn't about topics he had no business bringing up. Curmudgeon?

NAH, He just seems to be an opinionated old guy who's payed his dues and doesn't give a rats --- what other people think! For some reason...Walter Mathau comes to mind.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I allowed him to press my buttons a few times. I started referring to him as "Professor Platitude" after that. It made me feel a little better and I wasn't risking being banned myself. His favorite phrase seemed to be variants of, "Don't get your panties in a twist." I may kind of missed his omniscience. He was a legend in his own mind.

Jeez, I wonder if he could have been the guy who posted as Kremers (in SCOTTSDALE AZ!) on the Yahoo stock message boards for a bunch of tech companies...that was his favorite expression, also with a number of variations. Maybe not, the Yahoo guy could be very funny in his trolling and also liked to post with what seemed to be intentional misspellings and odd sentence structures for comic effect.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
I always just ignored him and his self-righteous posts until the day I saw him belittling another member who had posted about his new job at a WM TLE. Told him to find a better profession. I don't care who you are, you don't make fun of a man's chosen way of making an honest living. I was very glad to see Pop gone after that.

Posts like this make me wish we had a "like" button.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190

Posts like this make me wish we had a "like" button.

Me too ..... I remember the thread that Jimmy9190 is talking about. I didn't like him belittling the other member over his new job. He is a young man right out of high school and is also going to be attending college in the fall ... In other words, he is someone who is working and is doing everything he can do to make his way in life. I couldn't believe someone was trying to put him down.

Great post Jimmy9190.
thumbsup2.gif

I did like his food posts.. even with the snooty better than you stuff that came with them.

I try to subscribe to the
"if you cant say anything nice, say nothing" but he got me going a few times a well.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
He is older, maybe he has health problems and is away from the internet.

Maybe, but like has been noted his name is not longer on the User List. That means he's been either temporarily or permanently banned.

He called me a scofflaw when I got a speeding ticket. I've been called names by a few others here; I've heard that that's common in the internet.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
He is older, maybe he has health problems and is away from the internet.

According to all his posts, he's a specimen of perfection with no possible health issues anywhere in sight.
smile.gif

I did enjoy reading his posts for the much needed entertainment factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back