Schaeffer 9000 5w30, 9100 miles, 2013 F150 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sample from my 2013 F150. This run had a 1400 mile high speed (80 mph, legal in WY), high altitude (2500' - 6000') round trip, and an additional 1500 miles towing a 5500# trailer at legal speeds up to 75mph. (Please save me the scolding for towing fast, the trailer was loaded correctly, stable, and well under the truck's maximum)

I'm really impressed with the UOA, the Schaeffer showed very low wear and held up well. I'll be interested in comparing to Amsoil on the next run.

Lastly this is part of my thick vs thin test, so there will also be 0w40 and 5w20 runs...stay tuned for those threads as they happen.

xJ2inp6.png

It has Antimony too. 69 ppm, haven't seen any other oil use it.
http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/schaeffersyn.htm
High moly too.

Hard to say if this oil is superior to what you would get using say, a cheaper Warren SuperTech full-syn 5w30. Someone had a Warren Mag1 UOA that turned out great.
We'd like to think Scheaffer is somehow engineered better, just not sure.
I tend to just grab a big-name oil like M1 EP that has dexos1 performance qualifications, cheaper and solid.

from a bitog white paper 14 years ago:
"Organic antimony compounds such as Antimony diakyl dithiocarbamates (sometimes denoted as SbDTC or ADD), is another one of those multifunctional additives, but is lesser known. ADD’s have been both bench tested and field tested, and have been found to perform the following roles:
1. Anti-scuffing (EP) agents,
2. anti-wear (AW) agents,
3. oxidation inhibitors
4. copper-lead corrosion inhibitors,
5. rust inhibitors."

Originally Posted By: Onug
Nice...I can't wait to see how that same oil holds up in my EB.

I imagine it will do very well. With those results I'm considering only using Schaeffer Oil, but I have a stockpile of Amsoil to use up first, and to compare.

The report was fine. I'd stick with that oil, I don't see any point in experimenting.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Onug
Nice...I can't wait to see how that same oil holds up in my EB.

I imagine it will do very well. With those results I'm considering only using Schaeffer Oil, but I have a stockpile of Amsoil to use up first, and to compare.

Yeah, I'm a self-admitted Schaeffer fanboy. It ran like a champ in my V10 years ago and I'd haul a 9,000lb trailer over mountain passes in the summer heat at 3,800 RPM. I doing a comparison now too...M1, Schaeffer and Castrol Magnatec. I doubt Schaeffer's performance will match the price, but we shall see. I do like supporting a small American company.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The report was fine. I'd stick with that oil, I don't see any point in experimenting.

The thought did cross my mind, but there's the 48 or so quarts of Amsoil in the garage - which will be used to complete the thick vs thin test....

Kuato,
The wear numbers look good with the Schaeffer's. I for one would like to see the SS Amsoil 5w-30 vs Schaeffer's. I use Oil Analyzers, and they condemn Oil with a TBN of 2.0. So your Oil is basically spent. Thanks for the Post!

Originally Posted By: Crusher
Kuato,
The wear numbers look good with the Schaeffer's. I for one would like to see the SS Amsoil 5w-30 vs Schaeffer's. ....

You will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back