Chester Bennington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I just hate hearing about these suicides. Such talent gone. I really liked Linkin Park.

+1

You shoulda titled it "Linkin Park singer dead at 41"....anyway this suicide stuff is getting out of hand among musicians. I wonder if this was intentional on Chris Cornells Birthday.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
You shoulda titled it "Linkin Park singer dead at 41"....anyway this suicide stuff is getting out of hand among musicians. I wonder if this was intentional on Chris Cornells Birthday.

I wondered the same thing, right on his birthday.

Numb was my favorite. Such a great voice!

Last edited:
How terrible.

IMHO, of course it was intentional. They were good friends and he was the godfather of Chris Cornell's son.

One of linkin park's less played songs
(skip in about 1:45 if you want actual music)

Sucks....
frown.gif

Sad news, LP was an awesome groundbreaking group...a lot of talent there.

RIP. Hate it for his kids and family.

I have to say I agree with the Korn lead singer that suicide is the easy way out.

You don't desert your kids.

You don't desert your kids
You don't leave yourself for your 14 year old sister to come home from school (with parents not expected to be home for 2 hours after sister due home - best mate in highschool did that).
LOL, you don't give your plans to your boss in a performance review either...

There's PLENTY of things that a suicide contemplator shouldn't due.

But being weak, and taking the "easy" way out isn't true...When (not someone I know personally) takes an electric drill and drills into their skull 3 times to get the sweet spot, you can scarcely call coward and weak.

I had several friends that killed themselves back in Highschool. And I found out earlier this year that one of my best friends in Highschool killed himself last year.

I've never understood why people choose to end their lives, with seemingly so much to live for. We'll all be gone soon enough, so make the most of it.

RIP to another talented guy that chose to check out early.

Last night my wife asked me, quite out of the blue, "What happened with Linkin Park today?"
I don't know anything about the band, but I was able to immediately, truthfully respond to her telling her that Chester Bennington, their singer, had passed away from an apparent suicide, and God rest his soul.
Thanks BITOG! You made me look smart.

Depression, is whats that bad. Went through it in my late teens and early 20's. It cripples you, takes over your every thought every second of the day, destroys your energy, and literally takes away your will to live. Been there, done that. Would not wish it on my worst enemy.

He took the "easy way out"? Geesh... I'm smiling at that. You couldn't be any more wrong. You have no clue. And that's a good thing (for you).

Its about the only topic in the world where it makes me happy to talk to someone about it who has no idea what they are talking about, and I dont mean that in a derogatory way. When people say they cant understand why anyone would even consider doing something like this, it makes me smile, because its good that they cant understand it.

Kind of like when people were jumping out of the towers on 9/11, and people were asking how could it be that bad up there, that jumping was the better option. Well, it was. And depression is its own motivation, and for some the thought of drudging through another day in a doldrum of uncontrollable misery is motivation enough. It really is that bad. For people who cant understand how things could be that bad, well....good. I dont mean that sarcastically. Hopefully you never get to the point where you do understand it. You dont ever want to understand it, believe me.

RIP Chester. Another good one gone, way too young.

It is always sad when someone is depressed to the point of wanting to do this. All too often, they find a way.

My brother committed suicide on the day after Thanksgiving in 2013. He decided he would rather go out on his own terms than allow his self-inflicted health issues totally consume him. He had never been married and had no kids, at least. While I understand the reasons people do it, it doesn't make it any less sad that life is such a burden for some. Chester had his demons, being abused as a child, booze, drugs, injuries. My son has been a big LP fan for years and I became fond of their music as well.

Originally Posted By: quint

Its about the only topic in the world where it makes me happy to talk to someone about it who has no idea what they are talking about, and I dont mean that in a derogatory way. When people say they cant understand why anyone would even consider doing something like this, it makes me smile, because its good that they cant understand it.

+1

I really didn't like Linkin Park, but that doesn't stop me seeing this as another senseless tragedy and feeling empathy for those who loved him, those that knew him and those that were touched by his music.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
DBMaster, my sincerest condolences for your loss, truly.

Thanks. Whether or not I agree with his choice I do respect it as HIS choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back