True story

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10 years ago I was working the night shift and I bought an old 1951 Farmall Cub tractor. I didn't need it, it was just cool.

So a few days later my wife calls me one morning to see how and what I'm doing and I tell her that I'm waxing my tractor. Well, she explodes into laughter almost to the point of tears and then I realize what I'd said.

After that, every time I called her office and one of the other women answered, they would snicker and ask if I was "waxing my tractor".

30 years ago when I was teenager before I had a car, I would wash and wax my parents Wheel Horse lawn and garden tractor. Maybe once a year. Seems normal to me.

when I got a car my time was more dedicated to the waxing of the car.

Occasionally, if I am really bored I wax my tool chest. Just seems normal to me to take care of your stuff.

I do the same with my JD lawn and garden tractors. My wife has the same reaction as yours.
shocked.gif

Quote:
After that, every time I called her office and one of the other women answered, they would snicker and ask if I was "waxing my tractor".

You missed a golden opportunity to ask her what she was wearing....

When I was a kid, the first time I was tasked with waxing the family car I waxed the windows, too.

Well, nobody told me NOT to!

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
Seems normal to me.

Same here.

Not mine, But i'd definitely keep her looking nice if it was mine!

f379e402b54d6c38420f51cdebfc4113.jpg

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
30 years ago when I was teenager before I had a car, I would wash and wax my parents Wheel Horse lawn and garden tractor. Maybe once a year. Seems normal to me.

when I got a car my time was more dedicated to the waxing of the car.

Occasionally, if I am really bored I wax my tool chest. Just seems normal to me to take care of your stuff.

Me too. My WH is a "72" model. Nice!!

Originally Posted By: Ausfahrt

Oh boy, idle chatter leading to this kind of result...
sick.gif
Do not want!

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Quote:

You missed a golden opportunity to ask her what she was wearing....

You're right. Unfortunately I was not "on my game" enough to come up with that witty response.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back