Good Blind Hole bearing puller set for the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed all the usa-made puller sets are around a hundred fifty bucks for starters. I like the cheaper 9 Piece sets that I see but I noticed the guys at work have cheaper sets and the steel doesn't seem to hold up well. Will be using it to pull bushings and punch hole buttons from die lowers. I would appreciate any good recommendations.

Harbor Freight has a cheap set that I think you can get replaced every time the puller teeth round off. At my old job working in quality engineering, I had to design a blind hole puller to remove bushings from steering racks that failed inspection and were to be reworked or torn down. It cost a small fortune to get a batch of them made at a machine shop. But we had to do it that way because Corporate's purchasing system had to use invoices from existing suppliers, and would not just give me a credit card to get the darn part from Harbor Freight for 1/20 of the price to start with. /rant off

Here's the set I was talking about: https://www.harborfreight.com/slide-hammer-and-bearing-puller-set-5-pc-62601.html

I borrowed the one from the part store loan-a-tool program if you only need it once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JMJNet
I borrowed the one from the part store loan-a-tool program if you only need it once in a blue moon.

you people are spoilt.

Thanks for the replies, I think the harbor freight set is a good set, but I am drawn more to a 9 Piece set like NYEngineer posted. I have been looking at that same set online. I think I will benefit from having 8 different sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back