First trip in my 2017 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was Mons 93rd birthday, and my wife and I drove to Rolla, Mo.(255 mile round trip) to be with her. When leaving my home I re-set the trip monitor, and checked it when we got home this evening. I was surprised to see the Fusion got 36.7 MPG. Also very pleased with the over all performance of the vehicle. Will be driving to Florida in a week and a half, so will be getting a better feel for the MPG then. The 2007 Fusion normally gets around 32-33.5 MPG on trips.

It's the 0w20 M1 AFE, I tells ya! I've passed through Rolla, MO many times and stayed at a motel there where I learned about its link to old Route 66. Fun.

happy birthday mom! Impressive MPG, I've heard good things about Fusions outside of some tranny issues on some later models. If I had not just got done driving Ford cars for a decade straight(Focus) I'd looked closer into Fusion.

Happy bday to your mom too.!

How accurate is the trip computer by ford and others.
I use torque pro with bafx and it shows my expedition gets around 24 mpg on highway. Its almost as if i am not driving an old v8.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Today was Mons 93rd birthday, and my wife and I drove to Rolla, Mo.(255 mile round trip) to be with her. When leaving my home I re-set the trip monitor, and checked it when we got home this evening. I was surprised to see the Fusion got 36.7 MPG. Also very pleased with the over all performance of the vehicle. Will be driving to Florida in a week and a half, so will be getting a better feel for the MPG then. The 2007 Fusion normally gets around 32-33.5 MPG on trips.

Great chance you drove right past the town I live in! Small world!

Those Fusions were equipped with the Tommy Chong trim package that also includes lighters in each door, an instrument cluster with 5 tripmeters, and front & rear Colorado license plates.

Happy 93 to Mom! I brought my Mom up here to NH to be near me on her last year. She was living alone in FLA since 2002 when Dad passed. She didn't want to leave her "beautiful" house. It was too much strain worrying about her alone - though her neighbors and helpers were available to help on odd and ends and grocery shopping.

My BIL has a new fusion 2L turbo - seems nicer ride overall than my friends older VW CC though the CC feels much peppier.
Roofline is too low for me; I like the old 2 box design - which is long gone.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By: E150GT
What engine is in the fusion?

2.5 NA engine. I did not want the 2.0 or the 1.5 Ecoboost because of the MPG hit and the DI, which is in my view is Tech in reverse. The 2.5 will cruse all day at 80-85(I only drive 70-72 on the Interstates).

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Looks like going with the base 2.5L engine was a good choice instead of the ecoboost at almost 37mpgs.

Yes! That's how I look at it.

Good MPG & choices on car/engine/oil - close to what our Fusion Hybrid gets on highway (town/road pretty even - stays electric in town) and probably less complications in the long haul ... (me having both an ecoboost & hybrid) ...

Thanks for the comments about Mom. She lives alone in a nice apartment, has no joint pain, good mind, she does take a small A Fib pill, but as with most of us, here hearing is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back