Mighty Engine Guard Max Synthetic MX500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Pulled off a 2015 Impala V6, OLM@27%. Not sure of the miles, was done at Jiffy Lube but there was no sticker on the windshield.
Looks decent, but there is no wire backing which I was expecting considering the name. Seems like standard paper media IDK. I held the media up to the sun, it is solid, no holes whatsoever.

I bought a case of Royal oil filters awhile back on eBay.
They were Purolator number 4651 for Ford size. I cut one apart and was surprised how good they were.
It looked like that. Super heavy steel shell, very solid filter, that same center tube and bypass valve. Well built, probably China but good filters.

This one is made stateside. Appears to be made by Purolator. Is this a budget Distance Plus?

Last edited:
Definitely an M&H Puro made filter, construction and date code tells. I too agree with your skepticism about being full "synthetic" media. 'Possibly' a blended media, but beyond that who knows. Looks like it held up ok.

I like how you posted pics of the center tube with no media and held to the light. 'In my observation,' louver pics down the center tube alone can be deceptive at times. These louvers look fine, no issues. I'd have no problem with this louvered tube anecdote.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
https://www.mightyautoparts.com/document...14-d3324b83264f

Document definitely states synthetic blend media.

Also states 10K miles max interval.

Only stat of interest not mentioned is efficiency; dirt holding capacity varies with model like every other filter line but here is generalized as "high capacity".

The features seem more like the old Purolator Synthetic PSL line except for synthetic blend media instead of prior line full syn wire backed media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back