SUBARU CROSSTREK

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Subaru fans we have out there? My wife really wanting this car. She currently has a 2013 Ford Edge. This is a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. Really nice looking car. Its around $28,000 out the door fully loaded.

If you both like the car and are in a good place financially then go for it. Subarus are generally good cars, keep up with the maintenance and take good care of it and it should take care of you. Have you had a chance to drive it? I think I read that they are pretty anemic especially when paired to the CVT.

Rode in them a few times and they're pretty cool little crossovers. Power is a bit on the scarce side, but that tends to be an issue with most crossovers. If I were in need of an exceptional AWD system, that would probably be my go-to crossover. However, considering my location, there are a lot of other crossovers that I like just as much (if not more) for that same money or less. However, buy what you like. If she likes it, go with it. You won't be disappointed.

I had a 2014 XV Crosstrek base model, 5spd, "dessert khaki" color. Loved it aside from the awful 5spd, which is why I traded it for my 2016 Forester base, 2.5i CVT. They're the coolest looking of the Subaru line IMO. I just think the Forester is more vehicle for about the same money as the XV.

Over priced this is a 22K MAX purchase based on a 18,500 compact impreza wagon. How did you get to 28K? Car will be worth 21K the second you drive off the lot.

The Forester is a MUCH better bargain and the new COMPLETELY new Impreza 5 door will walk all over the 17 trek. I would get a 5 door 2017.5 NEW IMpreza wagon. She wont like the looks or the wagon but whats THAT gotta do with a transportation device?

MY wife just got an OVERPRICED crosstrek - too small.

Ive owned over seven - or is it eight(?) Subari the past three decades.

Check out the Mitsubish Outlander. They had some BIG deals going a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Too much dinero. I think we were approx. 22K out the door with mid level trim but no sunroof.
IMO
Nav is a BIG waste of money and you don't want big brother following you around with starlink.
worthless optiond for biguus buckus AFAIK.

Better to get a Outback lower trim level for similar bucks. But she wont like the looks
frown.gif
MUCH MUCH better car though.

I do hear folks claim some pretty spectacular deals they got on new Subaru purchases, but I promise you, you'd be lucky to get $1700 off that MSRP price for that new XV in my area.

I had one as a rental late last year. It was literally the slowest car I've ever driven (or at least can remember driving). Interior is rather cheap, too. With that said, it was comfortable and sipped fuel.

My daughter has '15 Impreza sedan and I find it to be underpowered, the Crosstrek is bound to be a little heavier and even slower. The Impreza is not as much as a dog as my '96 Outback was, though.
Nice little car otherwise, too small for me to drive comfortably but I really like my daughter having a good AWD system for our winters. I would think that a Crosstrek with the 1.6l turbo from the Levorg could be a good seller in the US...

Originally Posted By: gofast182
I had one as a rental late last year. It was literally the slowest car I've ever driven (or at least can remember driving). Interior is rather cheap, too. With that said, it was comfortable and sipped fuel.

There is definitely less feel of power vs. A new Subaru with the 2.5i. My 2016 Forester 2.5i CVT easily averages 3mpg more tank/tank than my 2014 XV Crosstrek 5spd did and it's bigger and heavier. I'm sure the gap would have been less had they both been CVT.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
$28k is a lot for what is essentially a compact hatch, granted jacked up a bit. It's no crossover, that's Forrester territory.

I also think $28K is a lot of coin for what is essentially a gussied up Impreza wagon.
Has Subaru fixed their oil burning issues yet?

Love this car... it was my first choice before the Honda Civic we bought.
My wife wanted a trunk vs a hatchback , 14 years with the Vibe she wanted a change.
So I was overruled
grin.gif

A co-worker just replaced his 2004 Ford Explorer with one of these and loves it as well.
The CVT is not bad , you've got to get used the the accelerator pedal though , his only gripe.
Not blazingly fast but adequate .

Subarus are great cars if you do not mind the oil leaks head gasket replacements etc.

My wife's cousin bought one. Him and his wife don't enjoy it as much as they thought they would. It is pretty small inside and the power is an issue. I think those could be potential pitfalls for you coming from a Ford Edge which is larger and quicker.

My dad bought one a couple years ago. He also shopped Honda's small crossovers and some other CUVs. He had been looking at cars like the Fit and Fiesta, but decided he wanted an AWD since my mom's vehicle is a 2WD Ranger and it snows where they live.

So far so good. He hasn't complained about it, nor has it needed any repairs. His probably doesn't even have 20K miles on it though. It's a basic, but very functional car. Not fast, but if you just need a basic economical AWD hatchback type car, it's great at that.

Wife got her Crosstrek last fall and it's been a great car for the first 18k miles she has on it currently. It's more fun to drive than Forester. It had enough power. We paid less than invoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back