Mobil 1 Annual Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 Annual filter M1C-151A for the Mrs 2013 Chevy Equinox it's gonna be used with the Annual oil figured why not.

Originally Posted By: CT8
How long are you going to run the oil and filter?

spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: Zanatos
Mobil 1 Annual filter M1C-151A for the Mrs 2013 Chevy Equinox it's gonna be used with the Annual oil figured why not.

I've got my money on... ONE YEAR!

I'm gonna let her go for 20k and then I'm gonna get a uoa done she usually drives about 5k miles a month.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zanatos

I'm gonna let her go for 20k and then I'm gonna get a uoa done she usually drives about 5k miles a month.
thts a lot of miles for a DI EcoTec on an oil change.

^ My thoughts exactly but four months of use will be fine. I predict success, with a healthy bit of topping off.

I'd take it to 1.5 x OLM, no further. The OLM can still be useful in this case, just track it to one full OLM interval, reset it, and change the oil at 50% life left, then reset it again with an oil change.

On a late model cars with no engine issues, any national brand oil filter will go 1 year /20K miles,
they just like to scare pple into changing oil too often - the real issue is pple NOT checking oil level and topping
up as needed and running engines done dry!

I'd take the Hengst made OEM filter over that Mobil-1 item any day. Hengst makes incredible filters.

Synthetic blend media, how much is M1 bending you over in price on that?

I bet a Fram Ultra Synthetic costs the same or more likely less and is a full wire backed synthetic media
XG9018_Front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back