Trc 880 for wheel bearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time to repack the wheel bearings in a work truck, and 4 work trailers. Ranging from an aluminum 4x6 to a 10k gvwr dump trailer.

I would like to get a premium product to do the trailers as I don't repack them as often as I should, because they are always on the road. Ive always used Valvoline red hi temp grease but ive read lots on here about folks using the trc 880 for this. Would it be worth the extra money to go that route? Longevity of equipment is key moreso than money spent/saved.

Also, can the 880 be used in disc brake wheel bearings on a 1 ton ford truck.

Basically, I want one grease that can do bearings, pivots,bushings,slides, etc on the work truck and trailers. Trying to follow the KISS principle.

If my best bet is to keep doing as I always have, that works too.

Thanks again for all of yalls help and tolerance with my somewhat dumb questions.

Will

Last edited:
Ok. I thought the 3000 might not work well in winter. But then again I didn't read it's specs.

How does it compare to the Almagsrd stuff, they say it's the best too
smile.gif

I'll call Trc tomorrow

Zukinut, the only time trc products will disappoint you is when you make the initial purchase. Their products can do some terrible things to the checking account. But after that first purchase is over and you are seeing less downtime and less parts... The second purchase is much easier. And after you talk to them, you won't care what the competition has to offer. They are genuinely nice people who strive to help you either personally or by getting you in touch with a rep in your area who can sort through your specific needs. If there are better products, or people out there, I'm not aware of them.

It was a pleasure talking with them. Got my questions answered and then some. Decided on the paragon 3000 and then found out that I had to buy 50 tubes at a minimum. Ill never use that many. They put me in contact with a rep about 6hrs from me and he said he could get me a smaller order. I hope so, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Will

We use the 880 in the shop. If your rep can't help you, let me know. I have shipped 10 paks a few times

880 is a fantastic grease, but the dropping point is quite a bit lower than Paragon 3000. Considering you have a Ford disc brake application, I would use the Paragon 3000.

There is some Paragon 3000 on ebay that you may be able to get for a good price. Remind the seller that list price on this grease is $8.12 per tube, and see what you can negotiate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRC-Paragon-3000-Texas-Refinery-14-5oz-429-ML-Grease-Cartridge-NLGI-Grade-2-/112475829618?hash=item1a3014f572:g:XT0AAOSwTY9ZYpki

If you are not able to locate any of this grease, send me a PM. I have two tubes out in the shop that I would be willing to ship.

I found some. The rep, that trc put me in contact with, sold me 10 tubes of the paragon3000. I haven't run it yet but ive been using it in the rebuilding of my front knuckles on the landcruiser. It is some serious stuff. It wipes off my hands easy enough, but leaves a film. Same with metal. I think its gonna work great.

Thanks again for all the help.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back