Napa Synthetic 5w30 8691 miles 2013 DGC Pentastar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first UOA back today. Pretty happy with the results. This was run through a few months of winter, so about the worst service and most short trips this car will ever see.

How did you get a Cu reading of 7? What's your secret? Wonder if an oil with a sodium add pack makes the difference?

I've had three UOAs with my Durango; Cu was 19,23,22 respectively. My intervals were shorter than yours.

I'm jealous!

oh yeah, nice report! Thanks for posting.

Synpower and Napa Synthetic have a rap on this Board of having a weak additive package BUT they always shine in UOAs. This UOA rivals any posted on this forum- regardless of the oil.

Does DGC stand for Dodge Charger ? That's pretty clever.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Does DGC stand for Dodge Charger ? That's pretty clever.
smile.gif

Obviously it stands for DODGE GRAND CARAVAN. hard to figure out huh

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Synpower and Napa Synthetic have a rap on this Board of having a weak additive package BUT they always shine in UOAs. This UOA rivals any posted on this forum- regardless of the oil.

Very true. You ever notice if the finished product packaging ain't pretty people start thinking the product is low quality. Napa packaging is a bit cheesy and that may be a reason.
That said you can't argue with these results!

Originally Posted By: car51

What did you say before you edited it ?
grin.gif

Nice report. Distance was 8,700 miles and with only 12 ppm Iron, 7 ppm Copper. That's good.

The TBN was 2.1 and the KV100 = 8.17 cSt, so still in grade and some life left in the oil.

Valvoline / Napa can go the distance.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: Slick17601

Very true. You ever notice if the finished product packaging ain't pretty people start thinking the product is low quality. Napa packaging is a bit cheesy and that may be a reason.
That said you can't argue with these results!

So true! .. It just goes to show you there is much more to oil today then what we see on paper meaning the add pack is much more sophisticated then what we see. Napa/Valvoline synthetic on the surface looks just ho-hum but just shows fantastic UOA's. I have not run a UOA yet on the Valvoline Synpower I am running yet but no oil makes my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder idle smother.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Nice report. Distance was 8,700 miles and with only 12 ppm Iron, 7 ppm Copper. That's good.

The TBN was 2.1 and the KV100 = 8.17 cSt, so still in grade and some life left in the oil.

No, not in grade for a 5w30, not close. Not atypical for a 5w30 to shear down quite a bit, just pointing out that your statement is incorrect.

The engine didn't seem to mind the viscosity reduction at all. The newer Pentastars call for 5w20, I believe.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: SR5

No, not in grade for a 5w30, not close. Not atypical for a 5w30 to shear down quite a bit, just pointing out that your statement is incorrect.

The engine didn't seem to mind the viscosity reduction at all. The newer Pentastars call for 5w20, I believe.

It's in grade for a 5W-20, which is what he was running.

I'm running Napa Syn 5W-30 in my moms 2014 Grand Caravan on 5k intervals (it's easy for her to keep track of). Glad to see it's a steller oil for this application/

How did you see my post anyway ? You still got me on ignore.
grin.gif

grin.gif

I wonder if he said Dodge Grand Cherokee?

Originally Posted By: PimTac

grin.gif

I wonder if he said Dodge Grand Cherokee?

You're right PimTac
wink.gif
. Good guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back