Napa Proselect 21358 - Cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run

This filter has been in service for 4 months and 9900 KM (6100 Mi). Came off my friend's Nissan Micra with only 17500 on the odo. Oil used was VWB 5w-30. Replaced it with QSGB 5w-30 and a Supertech 6607 filter(should be identical to the proselect). Enjoy!
cool.gif

Thank you posting!
thumbsup2.gif

I wish we got the Micra down here. Does it drive good? I hope it's a reliable car
smile.gif

Is there room for the larger 57356/7317 size filter?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you posting!
thumbsup2.gif

I wish we got the Micra down here. Does it drive good? I hope it's a reliable car
smile.gif

Is there room for the larger 57356/7317 size filter?

I will say its a decent econobox. The little 1.6L engine pulls quite well and fuel economy is around 28 mpg in the city. I never drove it on a long highway haul so I can't say what it gets out in the open. My biggest dislike is how light the steering wheel feels. I guess that applies to most vehicles built in the last couple years.

The larger filter might fit. Looks a little close to the radiator for comfort. I didn't try to install one as its under warranty. I have been keeping it on factory recommended OCI. Bonus I can use 10w-30 as the manual calls for either 5w-30 or 10w-30.
grin.gif

For a jobber tier filter @ ~6k miles, looks to have gotten the job done.

As for the replacement ST6607, though no pics posted on bitog there is a thread discussion concluding it uses a combo valve versus the dome bypass for the topic NPS. If the Micra has ~.75" more length access owner could use a ST9688 next time. It's the 7317 equivalent and like the PS it uses a separate dome bypass too. That said, though my preference is for a separate bypass the ST6607 should work ok.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back