Ripped off by a body man

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a while back I did some damage to the underside of my truck bed, even posted pics on here. Well fast forward 4 years and I was stopping at a fast food place today and some guy stoppeed me and was like hey I can fix the body damage on your truck, well I was relunctant at first, then I thought well he can't really mess it up more than it already is. Paid the guy $150.00 to pound on it with a hammer and a couple other little body work tools for 20 minutes. It went from a dent to a bunch of small dents. lol

Honestly, it looks the same to me I'm just $150 lighter in the billfold. He claimed he could get it 99 percent and I feel he stopped at about 70 percent. It was cheaper than $800 though. Lesson learned. I was even like you can't straighten out those little dents now?

Last edited by a moderator:
What was it that PT Barnum said?
grin.gif

I've never had tried using a body person like that. I had someone come up to me and ask but I refused since I could care less what my old van looked like. They started high and kept going lower until they just started offering to buy the van. No thanks.

WOW....you seem to have a black cloud constantly hanging over you! Or not...IDK!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E150GT
I've never had tried using a body person like that. I had someone come up to me and ask but I refused since I could care less what my old van looked like. They started high and kept going lower until they just started offering to buy the van. No thanks.

At least now it's to the point where I can go under their and straighten out the rest of it. I didn't expect perfection, but I expected a better job than that.

Now that you have the body work done....I'll paint it for you for $200!

Last edited:
This is why I lived with it because I knew I was going to pay $800 and still not be happy.

They must use galvanized steel for the beds because it's been like like 4 years and the bare metal still hasn't rusted.

Cool story, Bro.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
So a while back I did some damage to the underside of my truck bed, even posted pics on here. Well fast forward 4 years and I was stopping at a fast food place today and some guy stoppeed me and was like hey I can fix the body damage on your truck, well I was relunctant at first, then I thought well he can't really mess it up more than it already is. Paid the guy $150.00 to pound on it with a hammer and a couple other little body work tools for 20 minutes. It went from a dent to a bunch of small dents. lol

Honestly, it looks the same to me I'm just $150 lighter in the billfold. He claimed he could get it 99 percent and I feel he stopped at about 70 percent. It was cheaper than $800 though. Lesson learned. I was even like you can't straighten out those little dents now?

Lol@ allowing some random dude to bang on your car with a hammer AND paying for it!

Happened to a friend of mine and his dad's truck. Except they went one step beyond with some Bondo and rattle can primer. I don't want to know what's underneath the body filler.

Originally Posted By: Bud
grin.gif

+1 People still fall for that trick it seems.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Bud
grin.gif

+1 People still fall for that trick it seems.

I knew it wasn't going to be perfect I was just think he could have put a little more effort into it.

What's interesting, legally, is that a service was performed so the cops wouldn't help you if you tried. You'd have to sue him in small claims court if you could find him.

It's a well known scam. Don't fall for the guys that have 15 pairs of speakers for sale because they ordered 30 and got 30 pairs instead so now they got an extra 15 for sale. They're just junk speakers with a name similar to a famous brand but not quite. Basically don't give any money to random people you meet in a parking lot.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
It's a well known scam. Don't fall for the guys that have 15 pairs of speakers for sale because they ordered 30 and got 30 pairs instead so now they got an extra 15 for sale. They're just junk speakers with a name similar to a famous brand but not quite. Basically don't give any money to random people you meet in a parking lot.
Or they are stolen speakers.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Even worse, a guy I went to college with would just steal audio equipment from the warehouse of the home entertainment store he worked for and sell it on the street after work. I guess their inventory control was pretty poor...somebody in the warehouse was in on it, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back