AAA on Synthetics vs. Conventionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
People get upset with duplicate postings don't they?
Yes it has been posted 400 times here but I'm sure it still is new to a few but not really good info
smile.gif

To each his own. I'm just upping my post count. I think this post is a duplicate too.

When possible I always use a conventional synthetic motor oil.

I debated to post it or not. I did not have time today at work to research if was new info, or not.

Profound apologies to anyone offended by this "first world" problem of seeing a duplicate post. I hope that in time, the wounds inflicted by seeing it again will eventually heal. We can only pray...

What does AAA do to make a statement like that, uoa's?. Or is it from all the flat tires they change? or doors they open when people lock their keys in them, along with those running out of gas?. Must be from all those jump starts.,,,

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
I debated to post it or not. I did not have time today at work to research if was new info, or not.

Profound apologies to anyone offended by this "first world" problem of seeing a duplicate post. I hope that in time, the wounds inflicted by seeing it again will eventually heal. We can only pray...

Nice! lol

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Post more than a link, man. If you're going to post something, don't be lazy...

lol.gif

Amen brother

This is actually a very good study.

Here is the PDF link to the full May 2017 study:

AAA May 2017 conventional-or-synthetic oil study

It compares the following for five conventional 5W-20 and five synthetic 5W-20. They don't seem to disclose the brand names:

KV shear
HTHSV shear
TEOST MHC oxidation
TEOST 33C oxidation
NOACK
VI
TFOUT oxidation
ROBO oxidation
ROBO volatility
KV increase
CCS increase
MRV increase

Their findings of about 50% better is consistent with my base-oil-quality index (BOQI). With better synthetics you can actually do about 100% better according to the BOQI.

What's up with the headline in the article linked in the original post? "The verdict is finally in." They are not only stealing my teachings but also my phrases.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back