Recommend me a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my dart doesn't get resolved I may trade it off. If I do that I will be looking for a 4 door car to replace it. I do enjoy the car shows and such so a car that can fit into a group would be cool. Obviously not a huge factor but none the less. It has to be a manual transmission . I'd like to be around 15,000 car so pre owned is probably a better bet.
What would you recommend a joy to drive, RELIABLE! And something that parts will be available when it does need services. Thanks everyone.

I'd say manual Civic, manual Mazda 3.

I'd also look at a manual Jetta. Particularly a non-turbo one with the 2.5L 5 cylinder. I drive my friend's 2010 Jetta 2.5 frequently and it surprised me how fun of a car it is with the manual transmission. It also has leather, heated seats, and a sunroof. Pretty nice little car. His has 220k+ miles on it and hasn't been a maintenance nightmare. We did brakes the other day and it needed a battery last year. It drives/rides pretty solid for the mileage it has.

My Elantra was 15k new. Very happy so far. Especially getting 47 mpg on long trips. It drives nice compared to what I had, but your taste may be different.

You want a reliable, 4 door car with a stick that will fit into a group at a car show? Is the group thing really a must? If so, a four door Honda Civic Si fits the bill. The 2011-2015's use a higher output version of the Accord 2.4L along with a helical limited slip transmission.
But honestly, your so picky about anything and everything that nothing will ever satisfy you.

skyactiv said:
You want a reliable, 4 door car with a stick that will fit into a group at a car show? Is the group thing really a must? If so, a four door Honda Civic Si fits the bill. The 2011-2015's use a higher output version of the Accord 2.4L along with a helical limited slip transmission.
But honestly, your so picky about anything and everything that nothing will ever

Reading is in a hobby for you is it? I said the car group thing wasn't a huge factor it's just something that I enjoy

Originally Posted By: ram_man
skyactiv said:
But honestly, your so picky about anything and everything that nothing will ever

Reading is in a hobby for you is it? I said the car group thing wasn't a huge factor it's just something that I enjoy

Ram_Man, you are taking it too quickly/shortly again...

I would recommend a 2015 VW Golf SportWagen. the wagon (mini-van-ish) form will keep you out of police sight. just don't get a RED one.....

OR....

you could find a nice owner's Turbo HHR...

or

the longer base stick-shift mazda3 = mazda5

What exactly do you mean by "fit into a group at a car show" ? Every car show I know of has classes for virtually every year and make, unless it is a specific make show. Our club puts on a show every year, and I compete in many shows every year, and I have personal Ideas of cars for shows. Of course these are only my personal ideas, and certainly not most peoples. The main thing I object to is very new cars in a classic car show. In my view, a car should have to be at least 20/25 years old to enter a classic car show. But some shows around here have my stock 65 Mustang competing with a 2017 Mustang. Rant over. Thanks.

Hey ram_man,
I think this article might interest you. Both 2014 cars which retailed at $25k new should be in your price range now, and they meet your other requirements:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2014-mazda-3-vs-2014-ford-focus-comparison-test-review

The winner was the Mazda 3i
Here is a list of some for sale:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Mazda-MAZDA3-i-Sport-t52791

I really like the Skyactiv motor, it is fun to drive and gets great MPG while not having any hybrid machinery to worry about.

Out of curiosity how are the Kia vehicles nowadays?

I work with a guy who used to be a Kia mechanic. Kia corporate used to only sell parts/ answer phones 4 days a week so they could catch up on back orders.

Nobody recommended a Kia. You can get one for new in your price range. Prepare for disappointment if you get one.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Nobody recommended a Kia. You can get one for new in your price range. Prepare for disappointment if you get one.

What's the reason to be disappointed though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back