Vredestein Quatrac 5 Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vredestein makes quality tires and they made the first all-season tire with the mountain and snowflake symbol aka "all weather" tire about 25 years ago with the original Quatrac.

I'd definitely use them if I needed better snow performance but could only be on one set of tires year-round
smile.gif

Vredestein sounds European and Dutch, but is actually owned and operated by a larger Indian conglomerate (Apollo Tyre) - so take that for what its worth.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Vredestein sounds European and Dutch, but is actually owned and operated by a larger Indian conglomerate (Apollo Tyre) - so take that for what its worth.

Why not be factual rather than post half truths?

Vredestein BV are a Dutch Company that was aquired by Apollo in 2009.

What difference does who owns the shares in a Company make to the product itself?

The Company was founded in 1909!!!!!

It does not look like Indian ownership caused major changes in the products.
It seems that they started offering mail in rebates after the change.
They probably were in no position to do so before.

Krzys

Last edited:

They are still made in the Netherlands though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bigjl

Why not be factual rather than post half truths?

Vredestein BV are a Dutch Company that was aquired by Apollo in 2009.

What difference does who owns the shares in a Company make to the product itself?

The Company was founded in 1909!!!!!

As with many times in the past, a new owner can have drastic effects on the company- often destroying a solid product in the name of profit. I know I'd be immediately suspicious of that company, until I figured out that their product is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back