Finally, a decent BBQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a decent BBQ this summer after lots of weekends with hotdogs and so-so burgers!

Also found after years of BBQing, that no matter how big a round plate is, there's never enough room
for all the food and crowding your meal!

So I looked for the largest oval or rectangular plate I could find! It doesn't look it due to the
camera, but this plate is 14" wide! (16 oz rib steak)

Enjoy the steak. I gave up red meat awhile ago and I do not really miss it. But if I go to a cookout I will have a burger but never a hot dog if there is no chicken.

I also practice portion control. Still more weight to loose.

Last edited:
'Finally, a decent BBQ!'

I didn't see any BBQ, but that's a beautiful Ribeye!
wink.gif
I also hope you didn't make a misteak with that puddle of steak sauce on the edge.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304
'Finally, a decent BBQ!'

wink.gif
I also hope you didn't make a misteak with that puddle of steak sauce on the edge.
eek.gif

I was thinking the same. When someone from NC hears the word barbecue, it immediately means pit cooked pork!

The steak looks great! Now I'm hungry!

Last edited:
Ahhh, so YOU'RE the guy who stole my cow.

Simple, good food.

Worked often with a big city caterer (BIG deal clients). He said, the higher class the people, the simpler and BETTER the food.
Trust me, the OP's plate is HIGH CLASS.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: gman2304
'Finally, a decent BBQ!'

wink.gif
eek.gif

I was thinking the same. When someone from NC hears the word barbecue, it immediately means pit cooked pork!

The steak looks great! Now I'm hungry!

Same here. Looks like a great grilled steak though.

BBQ is brisket, sausage, chicken, pork loin, ribs, etc. Anything that takes less than an hour to cook is not BBQ.
Hamburgers, hot dogs and steak are just grilling.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Ahhh, so YOU'RE the guy who stole my cow.

Simple, good food.

Worked often with a big city caterer (BIG deal clients). He said, the higher class the people, the simpler and BETTER the food.
Trust me, the OP's plate is HIGH CLASS.

I'm quite sure if he did steal your Cow he used if for milk production or growing the herd.

Top Grade Steak is cut from Steer (castrated male Cattle), not Cow (female Cattle). Frozen factory-made burgers, canned stew and fast food is made from Cow (lowest grade fit for human consumption).

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Where did you find those plates?

LOL!

I found it at a second hand shop, just 1 plate (for me!), since it's actually
a serving plate, for say a whole chicken or turkey, the biggest I could find
that didn't have flowers on it!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back