2009 Honda CRV filter replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Located the inline ATF filter my dealership claims does not exist on my CRV.

Should I replace it with another Honda branded filter (Honda Part No.: 25430-PLR-003) or some aftermarket brand?

Thanks!

Replace with an oem filter, you can order online via Bernardi Honad or College Hills Honda, etc.

Honda ones are good. Although I change the fluid every 30K. Fluid always looks pretty new. Filter gets changed at 90K intervals.

Originally Posted By: podan

Should I replace it with another Honda branded filter (Honda Part No.: 25430-PLR-003) or some aftermarket brand?

Thanks!

Pictures? Could you describe finding it and how you plan on replacing? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
That filter should last a very long time.

Why are you changing it?

The CRV has about 95,000 on it. First the dealership said that there was no external filter on the vehicle. Then they said it was a lifetime filter. Then they decided it was a 100,000 mile filter. Since it's right there looking at me, when I do my next drain and fill I will replace it.

Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Originally Posted By: podan

Thanks!

Pictures? Could you describe finding it and how you plan on replacing? Thanks in advance!

I'll do my best to remember and take a few snapshots. If you look under the front bumper, there is a rectangular opening in the splash guard in the very center. Look in it and the filter is sitting there clamped to a cross member.

Honda and aftermarket will be the same filter. They don't sell that many and probably the same manufacturer makes it for honda and others. I bought aftermarket and my bro bought on from Honda. Same filter.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Honda and aftermarket will be the same filter. They don't sell that many and probably the same manufacturer makes it for honda and others. I bought aftermarket and my bro bought on from Honda. Same filter.

Heres a cut and post

Might be the same filter, these things are pretty beefy

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...fil#Post4710428

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back