How to use Liqui Moly products in old car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajm

Full disclosure, I am not a motor guy....I am a 70 year old woman who wants to improve the milage on my 2001 gas wagon.

I want to use the full range of Liqui Moly procts, but do not know in which order to use them.....valve cleaner, engine cleaner and fuel injector cleaners....which first?

I have been using ethanol free gas for a couple of years, but my milage is still way too low.

Please advise.
Thankyou

The best way to improve mileage is by controlling your throttle use. Additives will do little to help but fuel injector cleaner If it's quality won't hurt. I would not put anything in the engine oil except oil!

welcome2.gif

If your mileage is still way too low, still much lower than it used to be, it could mean something is wrong with the car. Usually, the oxygen sensors are worn (in many cases you start to get reduced mileage before the check engine light comes on), but sometimes it can be the fuel injectors.

Out of the three Liqui-Moly products you mentioned, only the fuel injector cleaner would have any chance of getting you better mileage. Add it to the tank when you're low on gas (best time is when the low gas tank light comes on), *then* fill up.

I bet you'd get better results by increasing your tire pressure.

Ms. ajm, do you care to disclose the make and model of your 2001 gas wagon?

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I bet you'd get better results by increasing your tire pressure.

Ms. ajm, do you care to disclose the make and model of your 2001 gas wagon?

Another vote for keeping the tire pressure up, and maybe splurge on a new air filter. Other things that can sap performance are old spark plug wires (depending on age of car), and then stuff like sensors and such.

BSW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back