4. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing, 107
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari, 83
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 287
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 254
3. Red Bull Racing, 152
4. Sahara Force India, 89
5. Williams Martini Racing, 40

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

e243fcd2c07cd377a806d35a1721d27d.jpg

gotta be right? a little tired of hearing his whining on the radio. if so, interesting to see who gets the seat. I can't see Grosjean taking it but what do I know.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is this Kimi's last season?

Doubtful, but I think he will only get resigned for one year at Ferrari.

Originally Posted By: dparm

+1

Vettel likes to work with Kimi. That's why Kimi will probably get one more year at Ferrari. Then it's time to retire.

Heard from a friend yesterday that this year may be the last rodeo for Silverstone but I haven't seen anything printed yet. Bad data?

Originally Posted By: finmile
Originally Posted By: dparm

+1

Vettel likes to work with Kimi. That's why Kimi will probably get one more year at Ferrari. Then it's time to retire.

I feel bad for Kimi. He's an immensely talented driver who keeps getting the short end of the stick with these bizarre crashes or other drivers ignoring the blue flags.

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Heard from a friend yesterday that this year may be the last rodeo for Silverstone but I haven't seen anything printed yet. Bad data?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-...rix-uncertainty

Quote:
The future of the British Grand Prix has been left uncertain after Silverstone's owner confirmed it had activated a break clause to cease hosting the race after 2019.

Thanks - I'm a relatively new fan. This seems like moving the superbowl off shore. What ever happened to the New Jersey race that was being kicked around?

Stupid tires. Oh well. This time, Martin did take ill. I went to see a grid walk, and no Martin again, and they explained he had to be taken to a medical facility. Ross Brawn even had a trophy for him for twenty years of his grid walks. I hope he's okay.

Recent reports are Martin is up and around but still quite unwell with a gastric issue. Probably the same as the rest of us with Hamilton giving everyone the [censored].
grin.gif

Bit of nice racing today. Can't believe Alonso was out again and I was gutted for Palmer not enter making the start.

Raikonen was not happy and I can completely understand that, be interesting to see what happened with those tyres.

The tire issue was very intersting... both Ferraris with troubles on the left front in the closing laps. Vettel's looked like a puncture, but Raikkonen's looked like it was coming apart. Very strange indeed.

And I'm absolutely amazed at how terrible the Honda engines are. It's beyond laughable. I don't see any scenario in which Honda will return with McLaren next year, or with anyone perhaps, now that Sauber has ruled out Honda engines for next season.

Alonso must be torn between laughing and crying and throwing a massive tantrum. With the tire issue, at least it affected Kimi and Seb relatively equally (well, Seb got the worst of it), rather than Kimi just having another flash of bad luck out of the blue.

As for Martin, I was concerned it might be his heart, after his problems last year.

Were they really waiting for Hamilton because he was out playing with the fans? That's what I read but not sure if it was a joke or not.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
The tire issue was very intersting... both Ferraris with troubles on the left front in the closing laps. Vettel's looked like a puncture, but Raikkonen's looked like it was coming apart. Very strange indeed.

And I'm absolutely amazed at how terrible the Honda engines are. It's beyond laughable. I don't see any scenario in which Honda will return with McLaren next year, or with anyone perhaps, now that Sauber has ruled out Honda engines for next season.

Did you know that it was a fuel pump failure, not engine? The fuel pump is a McLaren-sourced component.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Were they really waiting for Hamilton because he was out playing with the fans? That's what I read but not sure if it was a joke or not.

No joke. He was hopping fences and giving high-fives and handshakes in front of the stands.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
No joke. He was hopping fences and giving high-fives and handshakes in front of the stands.

I guess he might have gotten a bit of grief over missing the public stuff earlier in the week. If Kimi can go and play with the fans, so can Lewis. At least the picture of Kimi and Valtteri will become a timeless meme.
wink.gif

Could the British press fawn over Lewis any more than they do? They do with Stroll here, but obviously to a lesser degree, and it's more of a joke, because our sportscasters know about as much about F1 as they do about test cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back