Seal conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any oil leaks but I want to prevent them and would like a seal conditioner, rather than a sweller, to add towards the end of an oci. Any recommendations or should I just run some high mileage oil every few oil changes?

I don't want to create another thread to ask this question as this one is already here and it's pretty close to what I'm wondering, but is it worth it to run a high mileage oil in a car that doesn't leak? My '05 Impala 3400 series has 123k miles on it and doesn't leak/burn a drop of oil *furiously knocks on wood*. However, it is 12 years old and has quite a few miles, so I have been wondering if it would be worth it to run M1 High Mileage full syn which you can get a 5 qt jug for $22 at Amazon/Walmart versus staying with Magnatec (cheaper) or M1 Full Syn (same price)?

Liqui-Moly Motor Oil Saver is a good product. Popular with BMWs. I have used it with success. It's an ester-based seal conditioner.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
All SN oil has seal conditioners in it. If you want a higher concentration use a HM oil

+1

Quote:
My '05 Impala 3400 series has 123k miles on it and doesn't leak/burn a drop of oil *furiously knocks on wood*

Age doesn't matter. The whole "75,000 mile" thing is marketing hype.
40,50 years ago, few cars made it past 100,000 miles. Today with improved
manufacturing, improved oils, better gasoline, better designs, most every
car can go well past 100K with decent maintenance.
No reason to use 'high mileage' oil unless you want to do so for the 'feel good'
sensation.

My 2¢

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Liqui-Moly Motor Oil Saver is a good product. Popular with BMWs. I have used it with success. It's an ester-based seal conditioner.

Good answer; not a snarky, pseudo-witticism, "you're thinking about it too much", non-response as was expected.

Its a good idea to put in a little extra seal conditioner, because seals do age and need elastomeric plasticizers to remain flexible, more than new seals do.
Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver (half-dose) or simply use Valvoline MaxLife motor oil every oil change.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Its a good idea to put in a little extra seal conditioner, because seals do age and need elastomeric plasticizers to remain flexible, more than new seals do.
Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver (half-dose) or simply use Valvoline MaxLife motor oil every oil change.

Thank you. This is what I had hoped to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back