Vanguard Synthetic Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Does anyone know who makes this oil for Vanguard?
Anyone using it in their mower? Opinions,etc?

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I looked it over and decided to just go to Napa and use their 15w50 FS. At $4.29 a quart.
I would agree. Its usually not any better than that either NAPA and Mobil 1 is probably better.
Originally Posted By: lawnguy
Does anyone know who makes this oil for Vanguard?
Anyone using it in their mower? Opinions,etc?

1. Don't know
2. No
3. Good oil to use, especially in Florida. 15w40 HDEO works great too. So does 5w40 FS HDEO.

What are your thoughts when manf state that their oil is specifically formulated for their engines?

What are your thoughts when manf state that their oil is specifically formulated for their engines?

That could be the case but that does not mean it is superior to top tier competitors.
Most of the time it's just marketing hype.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

That could be the case but that does not mean it is superior to top tier competitors.
Most of the time it's just marketing hype.

The big question should be, why isn't formulated for their engines? Likely you won't find an real answer out of then. I also would be interested too of who makes that Vanguard 15w50 oil, but I bet that Mobil 1 15w50 is just as good if not better than Vanguard 15w50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back