Any Lawn Boy Experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine wants this out of his garage and knows I like to collect older OPE. I can't pick it up for a few days. Below is a link to two pictures he sent me. Any idea what model it is? Anything I should look for? He said it always starts first pull...

Lawn Boy Pics

Last edited:
The bagger is missing and I wouldn't run it without that on.
OR there is a plate that covers that opening in the deck.
Looks like a professional grade (red tank).
Should be a model and number plate on the deck somewhere.

I think the oversized red gas tank was on Commercial ones.
Pretty simple. Run forever.
The older ones like that were really powerful. The newer ones aren't nearly as wicked.
I love my Lawnboys.

I happen to collect and restore vintage Lawn Boy 2 strokes. That looks to be a mid 80s. Make sure to run
In on 32:1 oil / gas mix. It looks identical minus the self-propelling to a model 8461. I only collect self propelled models. Fully restored in mint condition a collector would pay $500-700 for it. The orange tank signifies a commercial model.

Buy it!!!

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
You are lucky. I'd easily pay a few hundred for a 2 stroke Lawn Boy like that.
I think ole Dave Rock of Davidsfarm fame had a bunch of them lying around, cited the lack of demand for two stroke green Lawn Boys. You could try contacting him if he's out of jail.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I think ole Dave Rock of Davidsfarm fame had a bunch of them lying around, cited the lack of demand for two stroke green Lawn Boys. You could try contacting him if he's out of jail.

Is he the pervert who was filming young girls in his junk cars while he was driving them on his farm?
smile.gif

... that's a YT name I haven't heard in a while

A proto to the trending channels of today

He was nuts, but I did find most of his videos somewhat educational, if not very entertaining

It looks to need the bagger and the steel hanger. A plug to run the shoot should be pretty easy to find though.

I have a non commercial (no tank, steel orange wheels or engine guard) ~ 1991 version of that. The F series engine is a monster.

Last edited:
I live about 3 hours from where his farm was. Always wondered about him and the things he did there. I did see the pile of lawnboys he had in one video. A bunch of brick tops and other assorted models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back