Should I add this green Lubegard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this bottle of green Lubegard ATF additive. This: https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-62005-M-V-ATF-Supplement/dp/B004BSOIIM
I'm not sure if this is appropiate for my 2010 Mazda 3. Says: "Enhances Dex/Merc to Perform Like Mercon V", "Resolves Additive Depletion in Mercon V", "Protects the Fluid. Protects the Transmission." "Automatic Transmission Supplement for Ford Applications". Since my car is basically a Ford Focus, parts of the tranny say "FordMoCo", I figure it shouldn't hurt. I know that Mazda specs a specific ATF for its cars. Mazda M-V, which doesn't mean "Mercon-V". I've read somewhere that people have used Mercon V in place of M-V with no ill results. Just wanted to see if this green bottle is worth using, since I didn't even know I had it and might as well throw it in. In the future, if I ever use Lubegard ATF additives, should I go with another kind?

For me I don't recommend to use any additives in the transmission , it's more sensetive than the angine, I don't mind to use them in the engine but not the transmission
smile.gif

Waste of money in a transmission that is performing properly. May even do some harm.
But in a transmission that is slipping I would toss in something just to see if it helps.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Not worth using.

It changes the dynamic coefficient of friction and could cause slipping of clutches.

If you think you have varnished valves or sticky solenoids LubeGard Red may help.

If you are using the correct ATF and changing it very 30-40k, there is no need for " conversion" fluids, regardless of that ATF conversion chart.

Last edited:
Not worth using.

It changes the dynamic coefficient of friction and could cause slipping of clutches.

If you think you have varnished valves or sticky solenoids LubeGard Red may help.

If you are using the correct ATF and changing it very 30-40k, there is no need for " conversion" fluids, regardless of that ATF conversion chart.

I used platinum with maxlife because i didn't want to pay dealership price for matic s. Was that a mistake, or simply unnecessary?

^^^Max-life already meets the matic s specs so you don't need the silver, just the red, but no harm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back