More Oil Filter Drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a post on Mower engines vs Automobile engines and filters yesterday.
A couple days ago I ordered some dog food and a cabin air filter for a Mitsubishi and I thought I'd be fair and
order a fresh FL-910s MC oil filter to test. This rules out some real old filters.

Yeah I know it may be an Amazon trick but just 5 minutes ago I opened the Amazon box of dog food etc that just came in now. Ready for that red MC oil filter box which I do like.
But no, this is what I found- not in a bag or box and it has the Amazon bar code on it. Was thrown in a box of 12.5 pounds of dog food. Nice!

Cut it open and lets take a look. We need pictures.
grin.gif

I like the cabin filter you have there. Just put one in the Matrix and can tell a big difference. Much better air flow over the oem although that had 60k worth of miles on it. Plus air smells nice, fresh and crisp. Even when going by water sewage treatment plant.

Probably a single filter out of a bulk box. That's the way we get them at the dealership. A cardboard box with dividers that has a dozen or so filters inside.

Thanks- I never tried them. Was a few pennies over $8. Seemed like a good deal.
After your post I may put it in today
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I like the cabin filter you have there. Just put one in the Matrix and can tell a big difference. Much better air flow over the oem although that had 60k worth of miles on it. Plus air smells nice, fresh and crisp. Even when going by water sewage treatment plant.

Yes and no I guess. They can be easily dented for one with all that weight and there was no packaging at all.
They could at least bag it to keep the insides clean. Is it the end of the world- no. I don't even like the barcode on it either. Not Kosher... lol

Originally Posted By: FordSVTGuy
Yeah, I've seen that on the Amazon reviews for MC filters... Is it really anything to be concerned about
43.gif
43.gif
43.gif
43.gif
43.gif
49.gif
43.gif
whistle.gif

Thanks! yes I got some Fleet-Guards like that. But at least they are protected compared to this.
And the FG filters were bagged individually as well.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Probably a single filter out of a bulk box. That's the way we get them at the dealership. A cardboard box with dividers that has a dozen or so filters inside.

I am spreading it around trust me.
I do agree. I'm buying more things local as well.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Quit feeding the beast. Amazon is trying take over everything.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Good job Jim
smile.gif

I support my local AGWAY and local butcher. Some times I'll go to Wal mart too

Thanks Adam
You have to take care of your local community first.
I did a bunch of that this week. Good on you as well.

Originally Posted By: car51

Good job Jim
smile.gif

I support my local AGWAY and local butcher. Some times I'll go to Wal mart too

You have to take care of your local community first.
I did a bunch of that this week. Good on you as well.

That's a really nice practice....in theory.
I live out in the country, but my mailing address is a town of about 650. Yes, that's six hundred fifty people total. So everybody knows everybody.
The owners of the local electrical and plumbing shop, a husband and wife team, always tell people to shop and buy local. They've also told people that the warehouse stores sell cheaper items than what they sell.
A couple of years ago, I was walking into a Home Depot store (about an hour away from where I live) and out walks the owner/wife with a large shopping cart full of purchased items. This was in a city of about 150,000 people. I got in front of her filled cart and we chatted for a few minutes about small talk and just to say hi. Every now and then I would look down into her cart and see items that I know were going to be used on their job site, things that they could have ordered from their local suppliers, but they chose to buy them at Home Depot because they were cheaper.
Imagine the odds when we bumped into each other again about an hour later at a warehouse grocery store in the same city. This time she had her huge shopping cart filled to the brim with groceries that were to be used for her family, even though my local small town does have a grocery store that supplies probably everything that she had in her cart, except the home town grocery store's prices would have been higher.
I really, really wanted to ask her if these stores were included in her definition of buying local, but I bit my tongue.

Originally Posted By: car51
So what

She can shop where she wants, and In bad economy it's about trying to save some $$$

She sure can. And so can I.
However, my post obviously went way over your head.

Put it this way so you can comprehend: I buy local eggs and cheese from local butcher as I know they are made by the people that run the shop. I'll gladly pay more.

It is also everyone's choice to buy wherever they feel free to. This is after all America
smile.gif

I'm also actively not buying Amazon if possible, but NOT because they are still selling Ivanka Trump,s clothing line. It is because of Bezos' ownership of the Washington (com)Post.

Shopping Amazon is smart shopping for consumables like dog food, filters, etc.
Leaves more dough for going to the local meat man for 2" thick cut stuffed pork chops, and a bottle of local wine.

I shop Ruler Foods lately for groceries. A spin off of Kroger. Same grocery list is 50.00 cheaper than WalMart.

It never ceases to amaze me I can buy an identical product and have it shipped cheaper than buying local. Seriously, PetsMart, TSC, these are nationwide companies, and cannot get prices close to Amazon... Don't get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back