10th generation Accord debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was the day, Honda unveiled the 2018 Accord and again confirms the new 2.0T and 10 speed auto replaces the V6 / 6 speed auto. The are also keeping the 6 speed manual! Torque output is increased compared to outgoing models. The base engine, a 1.5T puts out just under 200 hp and lb feet of torque!

Unless you're under 30, who wants those low profile tires? I'm OK with the exterior styling, but not the choice of engines. I'm not a fan of this trend towards smaller turbocharged engines.

Those are some low profile tires.
Harsh ride bent rims etc.
Shape looks ok for accord for me.
Wonder if the transmission is serviceable.

Ford Fusion with a Dodge Charger front fascia . . .
grin.gif

Indeed! A Dodge Charger front with Impala/Sonata sides with Sonata rear. Plus an unservicable transmission and an evap purge selenoid placed right where salt slush collects in winter.

Oh and a Corolla dash with lots of silver trim. I loooove silver trim plastic.
Sweet!

Is it just me, or does this thing look like it has a loooong wheelbase? I actually don't mind the look of the new Accord. The tail lights look very Subaru/Buick, but otherwise it looks like a stretched Civic sedan, which I don't think is a bad thing. It's probably another case where in person, it looks much better and will grow on you.

Meh. The 9th gen was handsome but this thing....not so much.

Also, the condenser looks rather exposed to the elements behind the lower part of grille.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Unless you're under 30, who wants those low profile tires? I'm OK with the exterior styling, but not the choice of engines. I'm not a fan of this trend towards smaller turbocharged engines.

Same here I like what Toyota did they stuck with a N/A engines and 8sp auto

Only took an hour for the first commit about the low profile tires. You guys are slacking!!

I am sure they will be a boring base model with 16 inch wheel for you old guys.

Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
Only took an hour for the first commit about the low profile tires. You guys are slacking!!

I am sure they will be a boring base model with 16 inch wheel for you old guys.

Hahaha
old guy want it all.
I dont know for sure but do low profile tires cause more wear and tear ?
There is a balance imo.
100 percent alloy or 100 percent rubber dont look good. Imo ofcourse.

I think it looks awesome!

But those wheels... I'm sorry but Honda has always made the ugliest wheels. They're a little better than the last gen but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back