Mobil 1 0W40 Euro, 4,000mi, 2011 BMW 335is

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA from a customers 2011 BMW 335is running Mobil 1 0W40 European Car Formula. Good mix of 50/50 city/hwy driving. Only a 4K run, but the customer requested switching over to 300V Power 5W40 for refill.

FQtSZ8r.jpg

14OCT16 VOA

714HbQ2.jpg

Noticed 1 quart of make up oil added. Does the engine leak oil, or is it using?

Guessing this car is driven hard (iron seems higher than avg). It will be interesting to see how the report turns out with 300V.

Is 300V a long drain oil like 8100 X-Cess?

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Noticed 1 quart of make up oil added. Does the engine leak oil, or is it using?

Guessing this car is driven hard (iron seems higher than avg). It will be interesting to see how the report turns out with 300V.

Is 300V a long drain oil like 8100 X-Cess?

It's consuming it and he definitely drives it spiritedly. The 300V isn't engineered as an extended drain oil. We recommend 5K intervals unless a UOA on a specific vehicle shows room for adjustment, but i've seen UOAs up to the 9k range and the oil is still ok.

They're trying to hit-it-hard in the US with their automotive line and looking to expand greatly. They signed on as the title sponsor for Petit Le Man this year.

It's interesting that he used Mobil 1, it didn't have the BMW LL-01 certification on it right?

Sheared a fair amount too. Was this the old or new "FS" 0W-40? Also, did you do, or do you have, a VOA for the 300V? Curious how well it stays in grade compared to the M1.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
It's interesting that he used Mobil 1, it didn't have the BMW LL-01 certification on it right?

It was the non LL-01 certified.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Sheared a fair amount too. Was this the old or new "FS" 0W-40? Also, did you do, or do you have, a VOA for the 300V? Curious how well it stays in grade compared to the M1.

It's the new FS 0W40.

Here's a VOA for the 300V Power 5W40.

qZZ0PL8.jpg

I was operating under the assumption that M1 0w40 FS was no different than the older M1 0w40, just that they didn't pay for LL-01 licensing. Maybe not?

It does still carry MB and Porsche certs, I checked out a bottle at Wallyworld recently...

Originally Posted By: Brons2
I was operating under the assumption that M1 0w40 FS was no different than the older M1 0w40, just that they didn't pay for LL-01 licensing. Maybe not?

It does still carry MB and Porsche certs, I checked out a bottle at Wallyworld recently...

Different formula entirely. No one knows why it doesn't have LL-01 certification (although I personally doubt it's due to money). The only thing that can be gleaned from the lack of LL-01 certification is that it does not pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back