Kumho Road Venture AT vs Geolander AT G015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to pick up some new tires for the Bronco and narrowed it down to these two. It sees highway, dirt/forestry roads, snow and ice in the winter. No rock climbing, lift kits, etc. Both of these are 3 peak/snowflake rated. Anybody have any experience with either of these these in winter driving conditions? I've read all the tire Rack reviews and both have fans and foes.I was looking at BFGs but a new steering gear box put a dent in the Bronco resto fund. I need a good tire that's a little more budget friendly.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

No better way to make your bronco look amazing than putting on a good looking tire like the BFG's...but if it is only out of those two I would go with the geolanders

Not sure. The only shop that sells them in my area is terrible. I wouldn't go there again if they were giving them away. That would rule them out.

toyos are good tires but nothing spectacular to buy them special.
(note: I had toyo open country AT in the past and did like them)

How about general grabber AT2 they have the rugged look.

The yokohama g015 is their newest AT tire with the latest in tread compounds.

Not sure if that is the best fit for a bronco.
They provide great wet traction and excellent mpg
While still being a moderate AT tire.

If your budget is slim wait for a DT/DTD sale.. next one should be the Fall labor day sale.
expect about $160 in rebates on some tires with their CC.

I have no personal experience with them, but have read and watched a lot of reviews on the KRV's. I think for the duty you describe and the price, I would try them. I have some Cooper AT3's on right now and I'm not satisfied with their ride on the highway at all. However, the rubber and tread design is good. They're good in snow and on rock/gravel roads and in moderate mud. My driving demands somewhat mirror yours and I plan to give the KRV's a try myself when the time comes. They seem do be a 80/20 all terrain design to me.

I had horrible luck with the Kumhos, I had a set & could not keep them balanced & gave up on them before 30K. I have the Geos right now on the XJ & the rear four on the F-450, and they've been great, other than a little noisy, and they can handle some weight in a 10 ply/LRE-the F-450 tips the scales at 12,000 pounds! Biggest thing is, keep them rotated-the tread blocks will feather, and then they really get noisy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I had horrible luck with the Kumhos, I had a set & could not keep them balanced & gave up on them before 30K. I have the Geos right now on the XJ & the rear four on the F-450, and they've been great, other than a little noisy, and they can handle some weight in a 10 ply/LRE-the F-450 tips the scales at 12,000 pounds! Biggest thing is, keep them rotated-the tread blocks will feather, and then they really get noisy.
That's exactly the problems I'm having with the Coopers. Can't keep them balanced and they take a set after periods of of sitting just a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back