Additives to gas in new car (<500 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always added about 1oz of TC-WS to 3-4 gallons of fuel during fill up at gas stations for my older cars.
I am wondering if i should start adding TC-WS to my new car thats less than 500 miles similar to my old cars.

ANy other recommendations as in oil or gas additives for this new car ?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted By: goixiz
I have always added about 1oz of TC-WS to 3-4 gallons of fuel during fill up at gas stations for my older cars.
I am wondering if i should start adding TC-WS to my new car thats less than 500 miles similar to my old cars.

ANy other recommendations as in oil or gas additives for this new car ?

Thanks in advance

You're kidding, right?

Top Tier gas only.

One bottle of Techron once or twice a year.

Don't worry about 640:1 ratio 2-stroke oil until you've got over 50,000 miles, imho... I guess 1000:1 or so wouldn't hurt for now. 1oz to 10 gallons of gas = 1280:1

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I started steady TCW-3 fuel at 3k in the Honda, 21k today.

Are you talking about something like this? I have been using Techron in my 2006 twice a year since 90K and I do not see any difference. I was/am considering trying out something else. May be I will give a shot to this. I started using BP or Costco gas since 100K.

If someone doesn't mind a little deviation, how does this thing really work as opposed to Techron?

I put over 300K miles on all my vehicles. My last vehicle I did that with was a Town Car. I never used any of that stuff. I use Exxon-Mobil 87 regular 99% of the time. For some unknown reason Chevron fuel makes all my vehicles ping.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
Originally Posted By: dblshock
I started steady TCW-3 fuel at 3k in the Honda, 21k today.

Are you talking about something like this? I have been using Techron in my 2006 twice a year since 90K and I do not see any difference. I was/am considering trying out something else. May be I will give a shot to this. I started using BP or Costco gas since 100K.

If someone doesn't mind a little deviation, how does this thing really work as opposed to Techron?

That's what a lot of people that tweak their fuel use. It is used as a UCL, it doesn't clean injectors as well as something like Techron would.

No point in adding anything on a new car - it will reward you more by running better grade fuel. I prefer Seafoam, but whatever you add I really don't think it's necessary until 10K or so.

You could add a mix of Star Tron and MMO to the gas every tank and then a mix of Slick 50 and Tufoil to the crankcase every 3000 miles with a oil filter magnet as well as a drain plug magnet and a fuel line magnet.
Then I would wax the car and dress the tires and use nitrogen mix in the tires.
Just kidding
smile.gif
TT gas it and forget it...

Don't forget the fuzzy dice.......
What kind of new car did you get?

Tried it a few years ago when there was only bad gas in my area. Luckily a couple stations selling good fuel with good detergents (Mobil) opened up recently.

Found that the tcw3 messed up the engine after a couple weeks. Also oil can increase the injector spray droplet size to make combustion less efficient. I like top oil but not in a modern engine. The PCV will do that for you.

I continue to use top oil in my gen and the mower and snow blower.

The engines always out last the rest of the machine
smile.gif

Do your cars have two stroke engines? If so, use TC-W3.

Otherwise, use TT fuel and perhaps some PEA containing cleaner before oil changes if fuel quality comes into question.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
You don't need any additives in a new car. Waste of money and time.

You don't need any in an old car either unless it's giving you problems. Went over 200k on a Taurus and never used any fuel additive and just used cheap gas. Never had a problem with the injectors, they were still original when the transmission went. The engine will probably outlast the car without doing anything to it. It will probably be something else like deferred maintenance (suspension brakes, front end), transmission etc. that will cause you to dump the car before the engine goes.

A new car COULD benefit from PEA as is it designed to prevent future deposits (as well as clean existing ones).

If you are running top tier E0, you probably need nothing. Otherwise, you probably do.

If you are forced to buy ethanol, think about it. Both our daily driver cars (one Lexus, one Acura) run smoother and with better mpg with MMO as a UCL because of the mandated ethanol. I would use a UCL on a new car from day one.

The only close E0 available is 92 and currently $1.0 more per gallon ($3.80) vs. the ethanol 91 at Costco. So I use the Costco gas and add about 4 cents a gallon worth of MMO to it as an UCL.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
If you are running top tier E0, you probably need nothing. Otherwise, you probably do.

If you are forced to buy ethanol, think about it. Both our daily driver cars (one Lexus, one Acura) run smoother and with better mpg with MMO as a UCL because of the mandated ethanol. I would use a UCL on a new car from day one.

The only close E0 available is 92 and currently $1.0 more per gallon ($3.80) vs. the ethanol 91 at Costco. So I use the Costco gas and add about 4 cents a gallon worth of MMO to it as an UCL.

Absolute complete nonsense.

And what is it in the UC that needs L which isn't getting L and needs an UCL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back