2008 Nissan Frontier, PP 5w30, 186K, 7.5K interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not done many UOA's, but thought I'd do one since my truck is getting up in age, and I wanted to try to spot any lurking problems. My plan for this truck is to keep it another 30K, which is about a year and a half. It's had a steady diet of PP 5w30 it's whole life, and 7.5K OCI's.

As the comments point out, lead is a bit troubling. I know it would be much easier if I had more data to trend with, but I'd be curious as to opinions. There was no hard use, as the comments mentioned, it was primarily highway driving. I think my current plan is to run another 7.5K and do another UOA. If it's high 2x in a row, maybe it's time to accelerate my plans to get a new vehicle. I guess I'll consult with you guys then if I get another high reading.

Any thoughts on the analysis, or my plan? Or should I be concerned now? The "watch out for odd noises" comment is a bit concerning....

Thanks!

[img:left]
97inpg.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
I have seen far more than one Nissan with 300k for sale. I like my Xterra but things have changed and if I don't need 4x4 anymore its probably going up for sale.

Don't tempt me! LOL. I'd like to run this thing as long as possible, but it's a daily driver so I've got to weigh that with the expected reliability. And my kids will outgrow the backseat in a couple years, which is another problem....

Have you ever heard any "odd" noises?? I highly doubt it. This UOA looks very good. Oil TBN is good, viscosity is very good and flash point is very good too.

UOA looks good, though I can't explain the lead ppm.
I would keep doing 7500 miles, if not more.

That is not considered high.... 5 part per million increase over 130,000 MI I like Blackstone and use them regularly but dang.... 5 part per million gain, that must have been that guy's first oil analysis he is ever done at Blackstone they need to retrain him... if it bothers you that much changed the oil with some cheap oil in your stash running for about 5 minutes drain and refill spin a new filter on... there will always be one number out of spec with black stone now if you run the same oci next time and it goes to 30 Maybe, drive it and get rid of it at your time, no worries, but that nonsense about listen for odd noises and low oil pressure that dude needs to get real

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to keep on keeping on. When I change the oil at 195K, which is my next 7.5K interval, I'll probably submit another UOA for curiosity sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back