Is Valvoline Nextgen coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen that on a shelf at Wal-Mart. It looks new, is it really available anywhere?

Originally Posted By: plaguef
I've never seen that on a shelf at Wal-Mart. It looks new, is it really available anywhere?

Not available anywhere. Never seen it in store. Makes me think it might be new.

LOL, the local Pep Boys in Waco has some NexGen sitting on their "clearance" shelf... it's been there, like, 10 years already. It's marked at $8 a quart!

Its not coming back. People dont understand what recycled (re-refined) oil is. I had three quarts of Nextgen at my mother in laws house that I used to top off her oil in her car. Her 70 year old brother came to stay at her house, and he tossed all three quarts in the trash. Later when he saw me, he said something to the effect, "Hey, you had some garbage recycled oil in the garage. I threw it away for you so you didn't damage your cars."

He actually thought he was doing me a favor by throwing the Nextgen away. And a LOT of consumers feel the same way.

Quote:
Is Valvoline Nextgen coming back?

Not a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Zoro sells it.

The OP said "coming back," not re-selling the old stuff to exploit uninformed buyers. That is what Zoro does.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Zoro sells it.

The OP said "coming back," not re-selling the old stuff to exploit uninformed buyers. That is what Zoro does.

I understood what the OP said without your help
smile.gif

I've been using quite a bit of it, only have a couple quarts of the NextGen synthetic left, the 4.0 XJ really likes the NG ML 10W40, it's cut the leaks & burning down to nearly nothing. Remember it's only 50% re-refined, and I'm sure Safety-Kleen (which supplied the basestock) has enough experience to supply good oil.

I think the Walmart listing in question is from 2013 or so. Doubt Nextgen's coming back.

My local Pep Boys in Austin also still has lots of quarts of it on the shelf for insane prices- across the aisle from pre-GTL Pennzoil Ultra and the clear bottles of Quaker State. Gives you an idea of how much oil Pep Boys sells...

It doesn't need to come back. Crude oil prices have been low enough for a while that slick marketing of used oil isn't as lucrative as before.

Why don't they just make it and sell it as Max Life regular. To me it was a good product. The one time I ran it and did a UOA it showed great results.

Amazing how the public doesn't want to educate themselves. To lazy and easier to be ignorant.

I think regular VNG performed just as well as VWB and synthetic VNG performed just as well as VSP....it was the ignorance of consumers that doomed it....

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
It doesn't need to come back. Crude oil prices have been low enough for a while that slick marketing of used oil isn't as lucrative as before.

'used' oil? NextGen is about as 'used' as that recycled aluminum can you're drinking your Schlitz out of.

I would love for it to come back, then I can get it for cheap again in another 3-4 years when they are giving it away.

I just finished up my stash of NextGen about 6 months ago. aside from the poor NOACK of the 5w-20, it was a decent oil (especially the Maxlife version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back