Total Quartz Ineo 5w30 - '13 VW Golf TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most recent UOA for my Golf. Things continue to look great!

I told them I added a Frost Heater and used it on every cold start below 40F. I did not expect it to make a difference really.....iron did go down, but no way of really knowing if the Frost Heater is the reason. It did SIGNIFICANTLY reduce idle/warm-up time on my commute and the engine was ~160F on every "cold" start below 40F.

I re-filled the car with the newest formulation of Liquimoly Long Life III 5w30 507 spec and will run about the same OCI as I did this time.

oil july 2017 pic by DerekG710, on Flickr

Looks good
smile.gif

Even though I have given up gambling for 2 months three days six hours and two minutes: I would bet most of stellar diesel reports have engine tuned with emissions stuff deleted. It is amazing to see the difference in wear metals and the condition of the oil. I almost think there should be a separate section for full emission diesel reports and deleted ones because I think you can almost run any oil when the emissions stuff is gone-case in point the one guy running Neo 0w5 in his older tdi which has a solid engine to begin with but is gravy without egr.

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
Even though I have given up gambling for 2 months three days six hours and two minutes: I would bet most of stellar diesel reports have engine tuned with emissions stuff deleted. It is amazing to see the difference in wear metals and the condition of the oil. I almost think there should be a separate section for full emission diesel reports and deleted ones because I think you can almost run any oil when the emissions stuff is gone-case in point the one guy running Neo 0w5 in his older tdi which has a solid engine to begin with but is gravy without egr.

Could be. It would be an interesting test. I would have to think it would be less stressful on the engine/turbo to not have to push the exhaust through the super restrictive DPF plus the 2 other cats.

I never ran a UOA when the car was stock. I'm sure I could run the non-spec oils now, but my reports have been so good that I don't see a reason other than cost to change anything at the moment. My local parts stores don't have the correct oil filter (in a decent brand) so I have to order that from IDParts anyway which is why I order the oil as well.

They have super convenient service kits that you can customize by oil brand, filter brand, or add air filter or fuel filter depending on the interval. They also include a new drain bolt and some nitrile gloves. It's nice to just have to add one thing to your cart and be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back