Need recommendations on a small ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for an ultrasonic cleaner that can primarily be used for cleaning small carburetors.

I will also have many other uses for it but I need it to effectively clean a small carburetor.

I assume total wattage is a factor, I definitely don't want the slowest cleaner out there but something decent.

I would like to stay under $200, $100 would be even better.....;)

Have you checked out the one at Harbor freight. 2.5liter for around 80$ before sales or discount. I got two. The Kaw has a painful to clean carb. Some pine sol cleaner and hot water and your set to go. Does a great job at cleaning pistols too.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
Have you checked out the one at Harbor freight. 2.5liter for around 80$ before sales or discount. I got two. The Kaw has a painful to clean carb. Some pine sol cleaner and hot water and your set to go. Does a great job at cleaning pistols too.

Plus 1+

$59.95 with a coupon.
I have been very pleased with it.
Not big enough for a Holley 4-bbl main body, though.
That's OK.

This is a good little unit that will last. I have bigger ones with sweep and degas but for what you want this is fine, USA made with good transducer, Wally's has it best price. Use Simple Green 30% with water and don't leave an aluminum carb in there longer than it needs, flush the carb with water after. Never use purple power or Shellac buster, its corrosive to aluminum.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SharperTek-7-...13=&veh=sem

That's OK. [/quote]

That's what they make bathtubs for:)
Community east of my old fire district HAD a guy cleaning his Harley parts in the trailer house bathroom with gas. Fumes got to the water heater pilot

That's what they make bathtubs for:)
Community east of my old fire district HAD a guy cleaning his Harley parts in the trailer house bathroom with gas. Fumes got to the water heater pilot

Holy $h!t talk about a hot time in the trailer park tonight.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Plus 1+

$59.95 with a coupon.
I have been very pleased with it.
That's OK.

I was considering that one, looked like it fell short in terms of simple items like a basket handle, low on power, but if the consensus is that it works well....I may give it a try.

As far as the ebay cleaners.....I honestly don't know where to start looking. A good medical grade cleaner with a good capacity for under $200 would be great....but no idea on what models to look for and avoid.

I had a pro unit that cost about $500 but the drain hose had a cheap plastic pinch device and it failed, draining it while it was on and burnt it up.
frown.gif

I replaced it with the Harbor Freight one. It works great but has a short 8 minute on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back