'13 Tundra - TRD or Amsoil filter vs. OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
For use on my 5.7L in my 2013 Land Cruiser, it's an easy choice - TRD all day long.

Really? Why? Just from appearance the regular Toyota filter looks like it has more surface area.

Amsoil advertises 98.7% at 20 microns.

Fram Ultra advertises 99% at 20 microns.

Definitely splitting hairs between those on efficiency.

Amsoil lists part # EA15k04 to fit a 13 Tundra 5.7

I checked Fram's website and they do not list an Ultra for the Tundra only a Tough Guard or Extra Guard

Can't help on the TRD filter, I don't see where they publish any efficiency on their website. Build quality looks similar to the Amsoil.

I would certainly NOT consider the MicroGreen a true bypass filter. It's got a small disc that performs the bypass function but as others have commented, there are no standard test results published.

If you really want a bypass filter you need to install a true bypass filter setup which is $200 to $300 and uses a large bypass filter along with a normal full flow oil filter.

Originally Posted By: Syntheticuser
No, it was a member here.
Link https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...amp;Search=true
Made up, biased....i don't know. It wasn't done in a lab so the data mist be junk right????
I know how some of you guys work...if you don't know a product, talk trash about the findings...

Lol, I thought you were "new" here. What number is this incarnation?

And no, that "test" does not substitute for ISO 4548-12.

I never said It was Donald. I said "bypass type, two filters in one".

Always compromises when you combine things that really should be separate.

I've lurked for over a year dude! I read many things here and it's jerks like you that make me sorry I waisted my time joining. LAME, dude, your lame. Who did you think I was?

Say what you want but that post you linked does not substitute for the ISO test, just as microGreen's goofy statement on their website doesn't either. You can blame me if you wish but it still isn't how you measure and report filtering efficiency.

And what, you changed your mind about calling me a jerk?

[/quote]
Lol, I thought you were "new" here. What number is this incarnation?

Dude! Did you even stop to think I lurked for a therefore joining? Lame

You are being a jerk dude. You accused me of something I wasn't. You are not being a man and apologizing for it. I just called you out on you ATTACKING A NEW MEMBER.

You are being a jerk dude. You accused me of something I wasn't. You are not being a man and apologizing for it. I just called you out on you ATTACKING A NEW MEMBER.

I couldn't care less what you think of me, OK? Whether it is stated here on the board or in a couple of PMs. Your response to what I said is out of line and further reinforces my belief, whether I'm right or wrong. If you're new then just say so and end it at that. Whether I believe it or not is up to me.

I did say I was new. I never got an apology for the accusation...or are you to good for that? Why the chip on your shoulder? You came out and swung for no reason.

I did say I was new. I never got an apology for the accusation...or are you to good for that? Why the chip on your shoulder? You came out and swung for no reason.

I made the comment because of your statement:

"Made up, biased....i don't know. It wasn't done in a lab so the data mist be junk right????
I know how some of you guys work...if you don't know a product, talk trash about the findings..."

I'm the one with the chip?

And if I felt that I was wrong I'd have no problem apologizing. I've done it here more than once when I was proven wrong.

I said that because that is exactly how some guys are..on this form shooting holes in any data that they didn't produce...if it's not theirs...its suspect. Not all members but I have lurked long enough to see it.
I don't think you can admit you were wrong...can you? I am not a reincarnation...but I have been here a while...over a year reading
You never answered my question. Who did you think I was?

I said that because that is exactly how some guys are..on this form shooting holes in any data that they didn't produce...if it's not theirs...its suspect. Not all members but I have lurked long enough to see it.

Perhaps. But what is not done nearly enough on this board is calling out faulty data, especially when unwarranted conclusions are drawn from that faulty data and presented as fact.

And fine, you are new and I was wrong. Is that better?

Ok yes. This is good now.
How are ya buddy, I'm new here. I live outside of Waco. I will be 31 in about 2 weeks. I live in the country. Now that I've told everyone a bit about me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back