Why can't you get what you order from walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1O

Hey all. Saw that they had the new formulation of havoline high mileage up on there site. So I ordered a 5 qt jug and 2 1qt bottles. The Vic holds 6.5 qts so always got to get 7 qts. It arrives today and lo and behold it's the old formulation in the red bottles. Left an not so nice review of Walmart and it's practice of send not what you ordered. Red bottle stuff is still good and will use it just irks me. Sorry for the rant

You ordered Havoline High Mileage and got Havoline High Mileage.
They have no idea what new and old formulation is.

You ordered "x", they have an order for "x", they scan the code and says "x" is here, they grab "x" and package it, they send you "x".

You were just hoping to get "x.1".

Seriously? You got exactly what you ordered. You ordered Havilone High Milage, you got havoline high mileage. it's always risky with stock during a transition. First in, first out.

I am with volk06.
I recently ordered a generator thru them and it arrived late and damaged but the manufacture stood behind the product(took pictures thirty minutes after delivery)) and sent out a new one but with FedEx using weekend warriors it too was going to be delivered late but got them to hold at shop(80 miles away) and I had to drive to get. Walmart contacted me after I returned it and left a feed back, they offered me a $20 credit. At least got my gas covered.

There was a news story today that Walmart will be fining sellers for both early and late deliveries. Come on. What if FedEx is the guilty party?

I ordered two 5QT jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 a couple weeks ago when they were running the big pickup discount. Didn't open the box till I got home and found that only one jug was the correct oil. The other jug was regular Pennzoil Platinum, but in 5W30. New bottle design has to be bad for the warehouse pickers' accuracy rate.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
You ordered Havoline High Mileage and got Havoline High Mileage.
They have no idea what new and old formulation is.

You ordered "x", they have an order for "x", they scan the code and says "x" is here, they grab "x" and package it, they send you "x".

You were just hoping to get "x.1".

Yeah, I have to agree with this you got what you ordered old stock is still stock and the stuff doesn't really go bad with age.

I'm 100% with A10,unless there's a disclaimer to the effect of "Product you get may differ from the product pictured" I would expect to get the EXACT item pictured. Not old stock,damaged stock,opened returned stock,but the exact item as advertised.

From WalMart website:
Quote:
Product packaging and material may contain more and/or different information from the website, including the product description, country of origin, nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other information. Always read labels, warnings, and directions and other information provided with the product before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition

He ordered Havoline High Mileage SN and got Havoline High mileage SN. Different color jug, no different that getting a Silver Pennzoil Platinum Jug if the webste shows the new yellow one.

Interesting that the WM site shows a gold and red bottle for the 1 qt of 5w-30, and the 5 qt jug is still a red bottle for 10w-30.

In all seriousness though, is there a difference in formulations between the Gold Havoline HM bottle and Red Havoline HM bottle?

The stock is based on UPC's even though they have Walmart SKU's (which are probably 1:1 with UPC's anyway). Do they share the same UPC? If so they're not going to care what version it is.

Asking them to do so based on the picture shown doesn't make sense. Are they supposed to update the picture as soon as the last bottle of the old stuff is ordered? What happens if people return them? Are they supposed to just put up and take down the old picture every time their stock of old bottles fluctuate? None of this is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back