Curious Case of Kaspersky and KGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumped Zone Alarm a while ago...
70278b7dc8c8e6182ded1ce16dcf5c04--the-americans.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Why is that? Seems to be pertinent information, no political bias so far.

Ah, but the key word is so far. We'll soon see who's going to ruin it for the rest of us.

I think this falls within the "OMG, the Earth is round?" category. What next, will somebody find out that Chinese built servers have all information that crosses them forwarded to the appropriate Chinese intelligence agency? Who would have predicted that?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
I think this falls within the "OMG, the Earth is round?" category. What next, will somebody find out that Chinese built servers have all information that crosses them forwarded to the appropriate Chinese intelligence agency? Who would have predicted that?
lol.gif

Well that would be news to the flat earther society. Also I think that already happened, some products in the US were found to be forwarding info to china, they forgot to shut that off which is the default when they're sold in China.

American companies developed security products and provided consulting for American and Canadian governmental agencies. I'm not sure what the big deal is in the media. When the Russian government needs security products or consulting, who should they call?

Originally Posted By: Garak
American companies developed security products and provided consulting for American and Canadian governmental agencies. I'm not sure what the big deal is in the media. When the Russian government needs security products or consulting, who should they call?

Yup. Not to mention the Russians seem to be the best at cyber security and virus/malware protection. I'd gladly pay for Kaspersky over any american produced products at this point in time.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Yup. Not to mention the Russians seem to be the best at cyber security and virus/malware protection. I'd gladly pay for Kaspersky over any american produced products at this point in time.
No one can recover my 30000 deleted emails and post them to the world
laugh.gif
thanks to Kasperskiy lol

All communications on the Internet are monitored. In f ct this entire p st is pr bably bein mon tored as I typeeeeee........

< transmission terminated >

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
NDfresh....
What does Zone Alarm have in common with Kaspersky & KGB?

They license Kaspersky for their antivirus....

The Kaspersky employee arrested for treason 'could not be reached for comment'. Does anyone have the phone number for h-e-double hockey sticks? (they would have censored the other word)

Originally Posted By: badtlc

All governments need to protect their information. Would Russia trust Symantec more than a U.S. or Canadian government organization would trust Kaspersky? The media is just out there sometimes, off on a nothing tangent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back