A Snitch Among Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
25.gif

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
Snitches get stitches.

I don't see it as a snitch...but he leaves little room for doubt his opinion of...well, most BITOG members?

grin.gif

He sorta lost me when he says he changes oil when the motor starts making noises, like that is a indicator then he jumps into full on Race Talk. (Boring).
I do buy into not as much important what oil as long as you change it at reasonable intervals. He fails to mention though how much hotter and stressed new motors are to match the better oil. Pollution used to go out the tailpipe, now it stays in the motor to beat emmissions. Temperature stays hot to burn off contaminates and getting V8 power from 4 cylinders isn't exactly a light duty task so when he thinks the track is the only place oil is important he loses credibility with me.

I'm a Calvinist too.

Here comes the minutia nit-picking on his article over perceived imperfection in his argument. His religious analogy is apt.

I happen to have some Motul 300V 5w30 power racing for sale Its marketed as a Rally/Sprint oil
5w30 Sealed in 2L metal cans. Maybe he will buy some since he likes motul
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
He sorta completely lost me when he says he changes oil when the motor starts making noises, like that is a indicator ....Temperature stays hot to burn off contaminates and getting V8 power from 4 cylinders isn't exactly a light duty task so when he thinks the track is the only place oil is important he loses credibility with me.

Fixed it for you...waiting until the engine makes noises? Guess he didn't think there was any value in a UOA.

I think BITOG is made up more of people who are looking for a quality product and getting a decent service interval, all at a decent price. Of course, people wish they could somehow double the lives of their engines by what they choose from the Walmart shelf, but I hardly think that's what BITOG is all about.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Too much opinion and too little facts.
Yah, Guy is an opinionated blow hard. He is one of the reasons I stopped looking at TTAC. His comments about track cars had very little to do with what I'm about car wise. No car he ever drove will survive to antique status.

I thought it was a decent write up. The guy says that there is little point in obsessing over oil unless you are running your stuff in a severe duty cycle like track and competition. I tend to agree.

People "triggered" by this writing
lol.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back