0w20 Mobil AFE & EP is gone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like both AFE and EP are gone from WM. On line search gives AP oil only. And Amazon has it for 42$???????? what is going on???? I feel like the world is crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I have my stash of oil.

LOL.

Have not looked at the Mobil supply at my local WM (although it is a new store with a smaller oil inventory than other stores around me).

parshisa, I think you're partly right. I'm seeing the M1 0w20 AFE still there in a 5-quart jug, but not the M1 EP 0w20.

Its not like its "dogs and cats living together" quite yet. Walmart's online supplies have interruptions sometimes. Witness what Pennz Ultra seekers have been through in the last 4 years....

Noticed that Mobil is no longer recommending 0W20 M1 for Hyundai and Kia oil changes. They might be pulling back on other applications, and WM stocking is reflecting this.

alright folks, it is back, we can relax. not sure what happened there

Knerml : Where did you sis this ? ... Curious if problems / concerns developed for the Hyundai / Kia engines that specify 5W20 ?
Originally Posted By: knerml
Noticed that Mobil is no longer recommending 0W20 M1 for Hyundai and Kia oil changes. They might be pulling back on other applications, and WM stocking is reflecting this.

Originally Posted By: parshisa
alright folks, it is back, we can relax. not sure what happened there

People having a panic attack...

Many other choices out there that are just as good and cheaper
smile.gif

Looks like both AFE and EP are gone from WM. On line search gives AP oil only. And Amazon has it for 42$???????? what is going on???? I feel like the world is crashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried actually walking into the store? Plenty there.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Knerml : Where did you sis this ? ... Curious if problems / concerns developed for the Hyundai / Kia engines that specify 5W20 ?

Check Mobil's web site.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Have you tried actually walking into the store? Plenty there.

Plenty in the WM around here.

I think Mobil used to rely on a third party to populate its "Oil Selector" tool, but it looks like they've retreated to recommending only what is in the OEM manual. Another example is the current generation of Hondas/Acuras: up until a month or so ago Mobil recommended 0w-20 or 0w-30, now only 0w-20 is listed. But I doubt this has anything to do with WalMart stocking habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back