Movie about Sir Frank and the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently watched the new Bruce McLaren movie, maybe not something interesting to the rest of the world, but a good watch for Kiwi's. The Williams one should be interesting too.

I wanted to see the McLaren film but it lasted less than a week at the cinemas
frown.gif

We watched it on the SIL's home cinema. Roger Donaldson who did The Worlds Fastest Indian, unlike that movie he wasn't able to make replica McLarens and do footage of racing around tracks, so it's more an extended doco with some actors and voice overs, recreating a bit here and there, and lots of old footage. They did make a replica of Bruces Austin 7.

I would've liked a bit more of Denny Hulme in the story, but really, it wasn't about him. I've read Denny's bio, and there is more than enough for a movie...they just have to find someone tough enough for the role.

Originally Posted By: supercity
I wanted to see the McLaren film but it lasted less than a week at the cinemas
frown.gif

I'm surprised they carried it at all. Too limited of an audience appeal. My guess is it will pop up on some of the racing channels in the off season. A bit like The MLB Channel showing "Bad News Bears", or "Major League".

Yep, it'll be the same here. Heck, Canadian media coverage of F1 isn't great. Stroll's points and podium got more national coverage than the Montreal GP. All of a sudden, sportscasters know who Stroll is. Too bad he didn't have a string of podiums or something like that, so they could talk him up to the moon, and then have reality set in.
wink.gif

It was nice to see Sir Frank at the race today, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back